PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Island Tomorrow

Rafter_G
08-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Taking my 5 and 7 year old out on their first big water trip in the morning out of Comox. I am all about the big ones, but honestly cant wait to see their faces out there. They earned it, they happily spent 30 hours over 3 days at a derby in the boat with me in May that netted 4 fish, never complained once.

gordfishing
08-03-2012, 01:19 AM
hope you are camping at Bates Beach it is awesome there

Rafter_G
08-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Having grief uploading the pictures, says Upload of file failed, but a couple dog sharks, 4 rock cod, 2 grey cod, and a 9 pound and a 22 pound salmon. Beauty day, kids had a ball, pulling crab pots was their hi light I think, but the island is a special place.

waterninja
08-08-2012, 04:45 AM
vancouver island is trully a special place. good luck on your big ones.

the local angler
08-08-2012, 12:59 PM
very cool i am leaving for there myself at around midnite and this will be my first trip out there ever so i am also very stoked about it. really want to try some bottom fish like the ling cod. would be awsome to hook into a dogfish they are a type of shark right?

Badlands62
08-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Have been here now for 50 years, it is a great place. :angry3:

Kingfisher
08-09-2012, 01:56 AM
very cool i am leaving for there myself at around midnite and this will be my first trip out there ever so i am also very stoked about it. really want to try some bottom fish like the ling cod. would be awsome to hook into a dogfish they are a type of shark right?

Yes the dogfish are a shark. Stick a herring on the bottom just about anywhere and you will catch them. Watch those teeth though. Have a great trip.

Rob

BGSH
08-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Have fun on the island and if your smart buy property there and your set for life.

NSR Monger
08-09-2012, 10:02 AM
lol do know how much property you need to buy and flip to be "set for life" hahaha if he can afford 3 million to buy property and double his money he's pretty close to being set already

Sundancefisher
08-09-2012, 02:04 PM

If you want to keep any shark to eat...like a dogfish...make sure you bleed them and fillet them as fast as possible and not rip up their internal organs when cleaning.

Shark skin should be remove ASAP (but leave the legal sized skin patch on for identification. Sharks urinate through their skin so don't leave it on.

Dogfish are commercially fished for European fish and chip market.

Tyangelo
08-09-2012, 10:54 PM
I'll see ya there in a week!

AppleJax
08-10-2012, 07:59 AM
lol do know how much property you need to buy and flip to be "set for life" hahaha if he can afford 3 million to buy property and double his money he's pretty close to being set already

I dont think hes reffering about "flipping" properties. Such a beautiful place, maybe you have never been there?:thinking-006:

Bigwoodsman
08-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Heading over to the Island on the 18th then up to Port Mcneil, and across to Malcolm Island for 10 days. Can't wait.

BW

Kingfisher
08-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Also supposed to be heading out there on the 19th. Supposed to be there for 2 weeks. But blew out my knee yesterday. Oh man am I in some kind of pain right now. T3's and ice and I am ready to go.

Rob