PDA

View Full Version : Fishing from shore at Wab?

St.Albert Tom
08-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Looking to head out to Wab this weekend but unfortunately am without a boat. So I ask the question; are there any reasonable spots to fish from shore? I have fished off the main pier next to the boat launch and marina in town. Are there any other public docks that someone can fish off of? Or any areas that are reasonably accessible?

YeeHaw
08-03-2012, 12:57 AM
pm sent:)

Richmuiz
08-03-2012, 08:20 AM
The train bridges are really good go past the provincial park I think it's the third street on the right and the second street down on your left it will take you to a dead end and there will be trails under the power lines that will take you to the tracks the second bridge and the last are the best

Geezle
08-03-2012, 08:22 AM
There's access down to the canal where the old outflow used to be...and I think there's also access out by Fallis, near the YWCA camp, but I've never been down there so I can't give really specific directions :o

St.Albert Tom
08-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Well had a nice day at WAb yesterday, never landed anything other than a handfull of baby perch, weather was great. Fished from the south train bridge, dozens of 4-6" perch just a couple of steps into the water. They would follow every lure in, the odd one would take a bite at them, spoons, spinners, cranks. Was able to find the outlet, fished from the west side another nice spot to soak up some rays, lots of small perch just a few feet from shore and again followed every lure in. Saw a couple of small pike landed from east side of channel. Never attempted to find my way to Fallis.

Thanks for the advice and thanks to Scott for the invite, maybe next time.