PDA

View Full Version : Cataract Creek

millartech
08-03-2012, 07:48 AM
So I may be heading to the Highwood river this weekend and noticed a little creek called Cataract Creek while I was looking through some maps. I was looking for it in the regulations, but cannot find it. Is it the same regulations as the Highwood (classified as a tributary) or would it fall under the general regulations?

Cheers,

Millar

calgarygringo
08-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Same as Highwood. Full of brookies. Tons of smaller ones and if you go upstream and work the upper end and the beaver ponds don't be surprised with some better sized ones as well. We were up that way camping last weekend and the Highwood and creeks are all good for fishing up that way.

trouty
08-03-2012, 08:44 AM
watch out for ole fuzzy face, lots in that area.

calgarygringo
08-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Lots out that way. Had a close one once but I must have scared him or didnt care. Was way to close for me. Comes part of the area.

Flyfisher87
08-03-2012, 10:11 AM
It is an easy stream to move around on and the fishing can be good. It is one of my favorite streams in the province. Good luck out there. I have never seen a bear there, but have seen lots of sign.

fishstix
08-03-2012, 11:43 AM
I've run into a few bears in that area over the years. Carry some spray and don't sweat it. That creek is so pretty. Here is a pic of where catetact flows into the highwood.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad11/ryanb_71/DSCF4696.jpg

millartech
08-03-2012, 02:21 PM
The area looks amazing out there. I have been looking lots of pics and can't wait. I got a big can of bear spray to take with me as well. We shall see how the fishing goes. Have never caught anything on a dry fly before, so hoping to stroke that off the bucket list and also catch my first cutty and brookie.

Thanks for all your pointers and help.

Cheers