PDA

View Full Version : Don't leave it unattended

Iron Byron
08-04-2012, 08:43 AM
If anyone finds a fenwick Elite Walleye rod attached to a pike via a 1/4 Oz chartreuse jig and 4 feet of line somewhere in Touchwood lake, it's mine! Well actually my brothers. :mad0100:

Geezle
08-04-2012, 08:45 AM
:sign0161:

NSRfishing
08-04-2012, 09:39 AM
thats a great lake big pike big eyes perch everywhere

pickrel pat
08-04-2012, 09:45 AM
4 feet of line? do tell.

bullgetter
08-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Unreal. I lost the exact rod last year in Calling lake. Put my rod down after casting out to net for the girls when I heard a noise, looked over and saw my rod heading for the deep. I cast the biggest spoons I had for an hour trying to snag it with no luck. We pulled anchor to move and my brother inlaw says theres a jack caught on the rope! Well the little 3 lb jack that stole my rod wrapped around the anchor rope and bang I had 2 day old $250 rod and reel back. I'm a little more cautious leaving my rod unattended now!

Iron Byron
08-04-2012, 02:47 PM
4 feet of line? do tell.

It was just sitting on my seat dangling over the side, I was occupied with a school of perch and another rod rigged for those. Heard the rod rub against the boat and looked only to see it heading off at a 45 degree angle leaving a trail of bubbles. tried to snag it, but no luck. It HAD been in the rod holder, but I moved it to get a better look/access to the perch who were as it turned out quite small lol..:angry3:

tonypower
08-04-2012, 11:38 PM
I was fishing a few years ago on the nsr... I was still fishing and needed to pee. Went to the bushes and of course got a hard bite well before I could stop the stream and get to the rod it was gone. Lol crappy way to finish the day.sorry about your luck

pelada trochu
08-05-2012, 12:51 AM
I will set mine down with bail open but. My line is attached to the spool with a knot so that just givesu a oittle more time is all. Good habit when doing something quick. Sorry bout the rod

alacringa
08-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Opposite story...A couple of years ago, while fishing through the ice @ McGregor, I caught a pike with a line coming out of his mouth. I pulled it in, and scored a new ice-fishing rod.

Too bad about your experience, IB. Hope the rest of the season goes better!

slivers86
08-05-2012, 03:37 AM
Welcome to my club.... we're a band of brothers :)

the little yellow ice rod ORV gave me at the november meet last year is at the bottom of a prarie reservoir near waynes place... long live the first rod!

Unregistered user
08-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!