PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the Bow

Mr Elrac
08-05-2012, 10:19 PM
I have just started fishing this year and I’m realizing that there is a lot to learn about fishing to say the least. I have made it out to a couple lakes over the last couple weeks but have never fished a river before tonight. I thought I would give the Bow a shot. Needless to say only got a couple bites and was not able to catch anything. If anyone has any tips that would be awesome. Not looking for any secret spots just some good advice on techniques what works. Anything would be greatly appreciated!

wildcat111
08-05-2012, 11:12 PM
right now were hammering them on rubberleg haresear and copper john nymphs sz 14. still a couple feet off the shore, were also finding the trout in the faster water.

Mr Elrac
08-05-2012, 11:23 PM
I should of said in my original message that I was using spinning gear. My bad!

fish&fry04
08-06-2012, 08:46 AM
I have had hits on rainbow and minnow countdown rapalas thrown out in the middle, but risky to lose expensive lures, .....I have lost many a lure to the middle of the Bow. ... the big fish are fighters and every one have gotten off. The Bow is a tuffy, I have been fishing it for 2 years, both fly and spin, and so far only been able to bring to shore one out of many hits. Try putting a beadhead or san Juan worm on your spin rod,.....Still learning!

Keep at it, and just enjoy being out there!

Mr Elrac
08-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Went down again this morning at 4:45 to 7:00. Ton of fish jumping but got skunked again. Will try again tonight! Talking to a guy there this morning and he was not having any luck as well so I don't feel too bad. Thanks for all the info you guys. Can't put a price on experience when it comes to fishing!

marlin1
08-06-2012, 10:07 AM
may want to try a vibrax spinner , a red blade if you can find one , or brass

Andrew
08-06-2012, 10:47 AM
floating rapala cranks in the rainbow trout pattern were killer for me and my buddies a week or so ago. about 6 browns and 3 rainbows between three of us. things mightve changed now with diffrent water conditions.

insane4chainz
08-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I landed 2 small rainbows (28 and 33 cm) this weekend on countdown #5 rainbow pattern just south of 22x. Snapped a line just after getting started, but hooked up the line later on and saved the lure!!

WayneChristie
08-06-2012, 07:06 PM
try some foxee minnowspins in various patterns, especially Brown trout and Rainbow trout.

EastCoastFisherman
08-06-2012, 07:06 PM
I fish the bow almost everyday and your best bet is raps get the CD7 or the J9 and i also have good luck fishing at night with Xraps caught 6 browns 1 rainbow and 2 got off all in one night between 11pm-2am!