PDA

View Full Version : Bad day of fishing better than a good day of work

pechetr
08-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Headed out yesterday morning to a local lake. Arrived at the lake and realized I had forgotten my anchor and my bait. Slipped off the tailgate of my truck launching the boat. Smashed my leg and drown my personal and work cellphones. Four hours fishing with one 14 inch pike and a small perch. While packing up, my friend drops the rod locker lid on the rod I have had since I was a kid and snaps the tip off. Still better than a good day at work!

Alberta Bigbore
08-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Ha! I'm not the only one who had a weird weekend!

Deer wrote off one of my vehicles, skunked at wabby, family BBQ with like 40 people lol

kinwahkly
08-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Was out yesterday on lower k lake with my pontoon, droped anchor on my float tube and the rope was busted so I lost my 10 lb anchor and dropped my Oakley glasses in the lake!!!! not good.

waterninja
08-06-2012, 12:48 PM
doesn't sound like fun, but hey at least you were fishing. i got eaten alive on saturday (mosquitoes) and skunked on sunday (first skunk on nsr in over a month).wife and daughters vehicles both towed to repair shop. weird weekend is right.

pechetr
08-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Interesting....I lost my anchor last weekend. Good to know I am not the only one that had a rough weekend. Still better than working! Here's hoping next weekend is better. I am looking to head out to Wabamun.

OneGirlWolfPack
08-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Headed out yesterday morning to a local lake. Arrived at the lake and realized I had forgotten my anchor and my bait. Slipped off the tailgate of my truck launching the boat. Smashed my leg and drown my personal and work cellphones. Four hours fishing with one 14 inch pike and a small perch. While packing up, my friend drops the rod locker lid on the rod I have had since I was a kid and snaps the tip off. Still better than a good day at work!

If that's better than a good day at work, you must have the crappiest job ever. lol! :p I had a lot of bad luck this weekend too. Had fun fishing...but it doesn't compare to my best day at work. :)

pechetr
08-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Really, the only difference is one makes me money, while the other seems to cost me money.