PDA

View Full Version : Boat duel battery charger

Lornce
08-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Don't at all care for charging the batteries separately in my Tracker, cracking open each compartment etc.. Want to invest in a charger that will do both my boat battery and Marine Battery plug and play. Looking at the XPS® Intelligent Technology Series or Recreation Series at Bass Pro to spend some of my Bass Bucks. Any experiences with these models? Are they easy enough to wire in?

Left my light switch on and depleted my main battery. Wifey wasn't impressed as she wanted to cruise. It would be nice to have a singe plug and not have to check so much.

prodogg02
08-06-2012, 07:13 PM
this is the dual bank charger in my lund ill get a better pic in few mins i have to go plug it in

pelada trochu
08-06-2012, 07:17 PM
I have one of their two bank units. Works great left her plugged in all last winter. Runs great now. One one starter and one troller.

Ran some heavy gauge wire.from front to back. Sheathed it for chafing protection.

Get the better quality plug adapter they sell its more reliable.

prodogg02
08-06-2012, 07:33 PM
nrw pic

Stally77
08-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Check out any automobile parts store. You should be able to find a dual battery charger for around 100 bucks. It will split charge both batteries when your main motor is running and Keep your auxillary battery from draining the main when using the auxillary. I installed one in my boat. it works great. Never have to trickle charge my minnkota battery again.

harrydude
08-06-2012, 11:06 PM
I have one other the bass pros three battery charger... It maintains them and you an plug it in all the time....best thing I have ever done

I would also put a main battery switch on your boat if you do not have one... Then u will never have to worry about things....

Jiffy10
08-08-2012, 05:57 AM
Check out this idea. Its cheap.

now I have your attention.

CTEK is a well known top end charger. They also have a pigtail
system that you permanantly attach to your batterys. The end
of the pigtail has a red-yellow-green led system that allows you
to always see what condition your charge is at. The pigtail has
a plug on the end that will hook up you your CTEK charger.
This means you can use the same charger on both batterys
without having to dig around to hook them up. I have the pigtail
end in a small port that is made for boats. Its water proof etc.
So I pull open the door and plug in my charger without opening up
the bow or stern covers.
Check out CTEK on the Net . Partsource has the 3300 CTEK
charger on sale for 50% off this month. Reg $89.00

So one charger does both my Batterys ...... easy.

Lornce
08-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks all! Heading out to bass pro today to pick up a charger, thanks for all the comments. Still haven't decided on the XPS® Intelligent Technology Series or Recreation Series. The Rec series seems to get higher reviews. But the SPS has the Transfer-On-Demand® technology that is interesting.

Teamprotz
08-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Got a 2 bank Minn Kota if you haven't got one yet. Like new , just needed a 3 bank.

Jamie Black R/T
08-08-2012, 04:30 PM
i bought a cabelas 3 bank on board charger this spring...its awesome...just back boat into the shop and plug er in....batteries are always topped up when i want to go.

Teamprotz
08-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Thats what I put in.

Lornce
08-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Ended up with a XPS® Intelligent Technology Basspro 3 bank. Only because they seemed to be out of everything else. Will put her in tomorrow and let you all know how it goes.