PDA

View Full Version : thanks guys! long weekend at slave was great!!

NSR Monger
08-07-2012, 12:43 PM
thanks for the advice guys, had an awesome weekend, your advice on what lake, what campground, where to rent a boat, and bottom bouncer advice was all appreciated and worked out great!! my buddy caught more fish in 1 day then he has in his life! camp ground was decent but had a few problems, boat rental was awesome tho, 120 a day, very reasonable. the walleyes tasted very good, tried 3 diff ways of preparing them.

Thanks guys!!

Speckle55
08-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Grats... John sounds like you had a Great Weekend:sHa_shakeshout:with your buddy. thanks for sharing ..

ps you have to change your walleye and pike count now

David:)

SnoochyBoochy
08-07-2012, 01:12 PM
no pics didnt happen sry bud! ;)

come on lets see em!!!!!!!!

Snooch

Willowtrail
08-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Sounds like a great time. Can I ask what happened at the campground? Was it spruce point?

We need pics

NSR Monger
08-08-2012, 09:06 AM
lol ok heres a couple pics, didnt take a whole lot, the problem with spruce point was they rented out half of our 2nd site due to a problem they created, on top of that we were told we could never fit both of our tents on one site and needed two, then they rent out half of our second site!! And on top of that, the first site was HUGE and could fit both vehicles and both tents with LOTS of room to spare, we did not need two sites whatsoever. So that was kind of a **** off, but other then that the camp ground is great for fishing! Kind of boring for our girls though as there is not really and nature trails and so on for them to walk on while we were on the boat fishing.......the only other problem would be on Saturday the wind was crazy until about 6pm and we could not get out in our tin can we rented! but sundays water was like glass and fished for like 12 hours!

PS yes i know my friend is holding the fish closer to the camera hahaha

arnie_ab1
08-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Heading there in two weeks by Marten river for camping and fishing, where did you guys launch your boat if you don't mind me to ask? I've heard Marten river campground doesn't have a boat launch for a bigger boats...

NSR Monger
08-08-2012, 10:19 AM
spruce point park has a boat launch, the boat we rented was already in the marina though, so we did not have to use the launch, there is a fee of $12 per launch I believe though. very nice marina

arnie_ab1
08-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks!

Jamie Black R/T
08-08-2012, 12:29 PM
there is a fee of $12 per launch I believe though. very nice marina

Spruce point is 8 bucks a day to use launch.

NSR Monger
08-09-2012, 09:33 AM
http://camping.sprucepointpark.ca/static_pages/25/alberta-marina-boat-launch-and-berth.html

yeah you are right, its $12 a day for launch and berth

SnoochyBoochy
08-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Nice work John!
Love Slave Lake! hoping to get out there again this year.

Cheers
Snooch :acigar: