PDA

View Full Version : Brookies in the Elbow.

kissarmygeneral
08-07-2012, 09:36 PM
I live and fish on the Elbow almost every night and in the past two nights iv got more Brookies than all of last year combined. I think it's an infestation!

BeeGuy
08-07-2012, 09:39 PM
kill'm

slingshotz
08-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Tell me where on the Elbow please. I've got the stewardship licence to harvest them.

In four outings on different approved streams I've exterminated over a hundred of them. The Elbow is next on my hit list.

:fighting0030:

Sundancefisher
08-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Tell me where on the Elbow please. I've got the stewardship licence to harvest them.

In four outings on different approved streams I've exterminated over a hundred of them. The Elbow is next on my hit list.

:fighting0030:

Yum for you. Use a hamburger open fire cooker...salt and butter gutted brookies...place a slice of lemon and a slice of onion in each...cook...eat...cook some more...eat...cook some more eat...rest...cook some more...eat

Daceminnow
08-07-2012, 10:08 PM
I live and fish on the Elbow almost every night and in the past two nights iv got more Brookies than all of last year combined. I think it's an infestation!

join the army, general.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=136932

Dace

kissarmygeneral
08-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Wow! I never knew. Great system for getting anglers involved in management and conservation. I'll get on it.

slingshotz
08-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Yum for you. Use a hamburger open fire cooker...salt and butter gutted brookies...place a slice of lemon and a slice of onion in each...cook...eat...cook some more...eat...cook some more eat...rest...cook some more...eat

Last time I butterflied the smaller ones after gutting and deheading them, deep fried them (with all the bones) and they were the best fish fingers! The bones get crispy and are good for you with the calcium and other minerals.

The larger ones I'll have to try over the open fire.

slingshotz
08-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Wow! I never knew. Great system for getting anglers involved in management and conservation. I'll get on it.

The only issue is that it is only valid for the Elbow above the falls :(