PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chief Hector report

oneyellowcanoe
08-08-2012, 08:47 AM
I fished this lake on Monday for a couple of hours with some weedless spoons with no luck. I was suprised by single hook regulation and the only lures that I had with me with single hooks were the weedless spoons.It is still a catch and release facility requiring a permit from the Stoney band ( available at the lodge)

i saw a lot of dragon flies and a few spent mayflies on the water with rising fish in the evening just off the lodge shore near the boar launch.

Both of the areators were going full force putting oxygen into the lake.

I spoke to the local guide who told me that they had just stocked the lake with 14" fish two weeks ago and they are the ones that are cruising the shore in the evening. He said that the big hatch right now was a blue dun mayfly (#16 Adams) and that they had beenusing Caddis dry flys up to then. According to the guide the big bruisers (20lb?) are deep but the regular stock *6lb?) regularly cruise the weed beds in the south west corner of the lake.

Next time I will take my fly rod.

OYC

Scott N
08-08-2012, 08:50 AM
What do the charge to fish there these days?

oneyellowcanoe
08-08-2012, 04:57 PM
$25 per day

Freddydog
08-11-2012, 10:57 PM
""big brusers are deep"" Take a fish finder with you next time. Try and find 12 feet of water. Its a slough. Its a joke. Go fish some real water. And its cheaper.......the aerators only work if they run in the winter...

Lornce
08-12-2012, 08:51 AM
It was good for a very few small trout, never saw anything over 18". Had been there three times before with no real action. After loading my truck my pontoon boat was lifted while I was in the lodge. Locals seemed to think it was pretty funny laughing at this old guy looking for his boat when I came out. If you go watch your stuff. They won't see my money again there.

Russ C
08-12-2012, 10:20 PM
It was good for a very few small trout, never saw anything over 18". Had been there three times before with no real action. After loading my truck my pontoon boat was lifted while I was in the lodge. Locals seemed to think it was pretty funny laughing at this old guy looking for his boat when I came out. If you go watch your stuff. They won't see my money again there.

I was there years ago fishing when most of the vehicles in the parking area had been broken into. I was very lucky that mine was not one of them. The locals seem to think that they have the right to take what they want because it's their land. Haven't been back since because of that and the miss management of the lake.