PDA

View Full Version : Boat advise

TROLLER
08-08-2012, 02:29 PM
I am thinking on buying a small boat or raft that I can use at small lakes and ponds. Can't be too heavy cause I am by myself and am thinking of maybe a 2HP motor.

I am looking at rafts and the small porta boats. They are aluminum and go together in a few minutes.

Anyone ever see or used one Also the chineese are making an inexpensive raft but not so sure on that one.

THANKS

bwackwabbit
08-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Give Gerry @ kaygeeinflatableboats.com a try and I'm sure he can get you into an awesome inflatable for that purpose.

I have an 11' 8" Seamax HD360 I got from him for a great deal. I run a 2hp Honda or a 55lb Minn Kota Traxxis on mine depending on the lake. I like it so much I sold my bigger glass boat. Easy one man launch, super stable on any water I've come across and folds up to the size of a suitcase when your done!

Cheers.

amot
08-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I just bought a Sevylor Fish Hunter HF360 inflatable.....comes with rod holders and supports for a motor mount (sold separately). The HF360 model is 12' long and says its rated for 1200lbs total weight (although I don't plan on testing if that's true or not!). I've seen several people have 3hp motors or 55lb trollers on this boat with no problem. Can roll up into a hockey bag for easy storage. Happy with it so far.

There are some pretty awesome videos and pics of some customizations that guys have done to these types of inflatable rafts - carpeted wood floor, custom motor mounts, swivel seating, custom bench seats with storage, etc....pretty much whatever you want to try.

That's gonna be my winter project this year.

TROLLER
08-08-2012, 06:54 PM
I just bought a Sevylor Fish Hunter HF360 inflatable.....comes with rod holders and supports for a motor mount (sold separately). The HF360 model is 12' long and says its rated for 1200lbs total weight (although I don't plan on testing if that's true or not!). I've seen several people have 3hp motors or 55lb trollers on this boat with no problem. Can roll up into a hockey bag for easy storage. Happy with it so far.

There are some pretty awesome videos and pics of some customizations that guys have done to these types of inflatable rafts - carpeted wood floor, custom motor mounts, swivel seating, custom bench seats with storage, etc....pretty much whatever you want to try.

That's gonna be my winter project this year.

Where did you buy it. I see on the web site they are only 300 bucks. Makes me wonder cause most I have looked at are in the 12 to 1800 range. But there sure are a lot of guys posting on utube what customizing they have done to the 360 model. Does it have a hull number so it can be registered?