PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on the NSR today?

St.Albert Tom
08-09-2012, 11:20 AM
It's 11:20 Thursday morning and I am looking at ditching the rest of the day from work. Wanted to know of anyone was already fishing the NSR today or is currently on the river and how the bite is at various spots.

cranky
08-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Its dropped alot,can see some of the banks again. Slowed down quite a bit too. Still a bit murky.
Seems like bait fishing was the way to go for a month or so. Its looking like lures and such are ok now again.

waterninja
08-09-2012, 12:08 PM
i agree the river has gone down and the water is getting clearer. this last week pike have been hitting a lot so you might want to have a leader on. in the afternoon and evening i have only 2 words for you. mosquitoe repellant!

NSRfishing
08-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Its windy waters looking better everyday

cranky
08-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Speaking of the flying lil biters,i hear those gizzmo's you clip to your pocket, keep mosquito's at bay pretty good. Now where to get one. Everyone is sold out.

FishlessFool
08-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Speaking of the flying lil biters,i hear those gizzmo's you clip to your pocket, keep mosquito's at bay pretty good. Now where to get one. Everyone is sold out.

I tried one of those things and it didn't work really well for me. It has a little fan that pushes the scent out in two directions but I think it dissipates quikly in open air.

Although, I found it worked really well when I placed it inside the trailor to keep the skeeters out.

NSRfishing
08-09-2012, 06:31 PM
get a thermocell

cranky
08-09-2012, 07:10 PM
get a thermocell

That was the one i was talking about. But no one seems to have them. Must be a big run on them. Wonder why.lol.

Alberta Bigbore
08-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Thermocells are worth they're weight in gold. Used one of mine while I BBQ'd salmon after work. Just the odd skeeters would come through.

Reddevill
08-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Ninja is right, lures are working well there now. Fished at Hermitage for a few hours and had way less luck with the typical pickeral rig, and better luck with the lures. Pulled in a couple wally's and a few medium size golden eye's. River was pretty calm and the banks are showing again. Dudes down from me were casting half way across the river using rigs and getting suckers every ten minutes.

Reddevill
08-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Just a note, I have never been skunked on the NSR at any of the spots I have fished. Always catch at least something, sometimes many something's, just never tied one on with a Sturgeon as of yet!

tysonlazo2
08-10-2012, 08:55 AM
are u saying i can start casting across the river again and not hook into a lodge pole pine going down the river

cranky
08-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Thermocells are worth they're weight in gold. Used one of mine while I BBQ'd salmon after work. Just the odd skeeters would come through.

Got one today. WSS just got a big order in. Bought a couple extra kits too.

tonypower
08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
whats a thermocell?

cranky
08-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Keeps mosquitos away up to 4.5 meters. Its portable. Google.

Im thinking it will cost about a $1.60 an hour to run after initial purchase for those of us/me that are of Scottish heritage's info. Well worth it to keep the little buggers away.

Its for those that dont like the idea of putting deet on skin i guess too.