PDA

View Full Version : East Pitt Lake

Reddevill
08-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Hey guys, hope the fishing season is great for you all! Just wondering, I have the day off tommorow, wondering about East Pitt, anyone been there in the last few weeks? I want to take a small inflatable there, is that possible? If not I can go to wab and try for pike. Bought a way overpriced fancy frog lure i'd like to pull through the weeds!! Thanks.

waterninja
08-09-2012, 10:36 PM
if your really serious about packing in an inflatable i suggest you head west along the road from the parking lot and then north just passed the "tower" (osprey nest?). thats quite a hill to pack a lot of gear down then up. i have heard there are some big ones there. let us know how it turns out. good luck. it so happens that i'm planning to fish wab. early tomorrow. i'll be in the small canoe by seba

Reddevill
08-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the advice! I didn't know it was such a hike to get to the lake, guess if I want to fish with a boat it will be somewhere else. Heading to wizard, to try that out. Thanks again !!

Dakota369
08-10-2012, 09:19 AM
East pit is not much of a hike...... just blow your boat up by the parking lot, and drag it on the grass up the hill and down the other side! If your even 1/2 way in shape, (and I am not exactly in tip top fighting trim by any means) you should have no problem. Get out to the middle and troll a med/small baby rainbow rappalla and you should have no problem hammering a few decent sized trout. The bigger ones actually hang out more towards the west end anyways......... nice little pothole lake for an inflatable as the wind is pretty minimal due to how it is surrounded by tall hills. Just be forewarned that if you do keep some they do tend to taste a bit muddy out of that lake at this time of year.