PDA

View Full Version : bows?

recce43
04-20-2008, 06:34 PM
where to start my 15 year old daughter wants to do bow hunting never used one and iam a rifle guy

albertaboy74
04-20-2008, 06:53 PM
i am a bow guy as well as a rifle guy, the best i can tell you is, take your daughter to the archery lanes closest to you and let her shoot a few different bows. if at all possible hit a couple different lanes ( veriety of bows ). until she finds one that she is comfortabe shooting. nothing will put her off shooting a bow more then being stuck with a bow that was ok at first but after a month or so finds it uncomfortable.

just my 2 cents

and congrats on getting her into the bush. must be a proud papa.

hawken59
04-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Once she gets a bow and gets used to shooting it, take her to a couple of 3-D tournaments. The practice is the best thing to real hunting and there are other ladies there that can give her pointers and tips. Not that men can't, but I found with my daughter she was a little uncomfortable totally surrounded by men at the shooting lanes. While you are going with her you may as well start with the pointy sticks yourself. It's a lot of fun and a great family sport.Good luck.

Trav
04-25-2008, 01:07 AM
go to Calgary Archery Centre

Ask for Wookie, craig, or AL and they will set your daughter up properly and show her how to shoot it proper.

Your daughter will really enjoy doing this as it is a great sport and a great sport for the whole family

Muskeg
04-25-2008, 07:50 AM
My sister shoots a Diamond Edge at 40lbs.. Its a sweet little bow. i wish they had bows like that when I was young.

Islander
04-25-2008, 10:22 PM
We also got the Diamond Edge for my boy, and he loves it. It'll go up to 40 lbs, but being 11, he can only pull 34 lbs right now. Got his first few gophers with it so far this year. I would recommend it for any youth shooter based on our experience with it.

Eager_Beaver
04-25-2008, 10:58 PM
any of the browning micro series are great if they are still around, been a few years for me but i used to shoot a micro midas at 45 for deer when i turned 12, the micro adreniline i believe is the newer version of that bow and my girlfriend shoots one really well.