PDA

View Full Version : Shunda Tips?

fallen1817
08-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Hey Everyone,

I am Headed to Harlech Campground next weekend with my fiance and her parents. She seemed eager to buy her first fishing license, and a few hooks which seem to be her predetermined favourites. She will be using my spinning rod and I will be using my fly rod. Anyways, do y'all have any tips on where to head at the campground? I was planning on heading quite a ways up stream to do some exploring, but now that my fiance has taken an interest in catching some fish, I feel more excited to get her into some fish. Feel free to PM me.

I'm not looking for any honey holes, just some directions, such as "head upstream and search under logs", or "fish this style of hook in this retrieve pattern." Anything that will increase our chances.

Thanks for all of the generous souls that will contribute to my "help wanted" style ad.

Cheers!

mattpreat
08-11-2012, 06:03 PM
no clue bout the harlech campground but a week ago i was fishing somewhere around there and was using a house and lot variant and caught 3 brookies in 45 mins and my dad caught one using a canadian tire hook with peacock herl and a hackle on it so im pretty sure any dry fly or nymph with a good drift should catch fish. ive heard stimulators work pretty good there. just put a fly under a bobber and cast out and try and get it to drift in the current with no drag and you should be set