PDA

View Full Version : spring lake report aug. 12

waterninja
08-13-2012, 01:51 PM
put the canoe on spring lake sunday and it was great. water very clean and clear and no sign of algea or new weed growth. water level as high as i've seen in 2 years. fishing was slow and 3 other anglers i talked to got skunked. i did a little better catching 5 all around 13". harvested 2 due to damage. mama loon and her young one kept me company for 3 hours. very pleasent afternoon and i'll get the big one next time.

Land-her
08-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Right on,

What were you using?

YeeHaw
08-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Did you see/catch any perch? Hope they all winterkilled last go round, but i doubt it.

trigger7mm
08-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Glad to hear you had a good day. My grandparents used to have a cabin there 40 years ago, and we fished the lake alot. Used to be some big rainbows in there. I caught them up to 6 lbs. 4 lbs. were very common. We used to troll dick nite spoons in an old wooden rowboat, and always caught some beauties. I haven't ben there in probably the last 30 years, but when I was a kid I spent some of the best times of my life at that lake. Good to hear a report about it. What were they biting on? Thanks.

chriscosta
08-14-2012, 10:47 AM
when the perch were ther weve gotten some massive perch and once a easily two foot rainbow guessing around six or seven pounds but as soon as i pulled it outta the hole my hook straightend and its still the biggest ive had my chance at and of course i was skippin work and alone so nobody believes it :bad_boys_20: oh well im sure she made a good shore lunch for somebody by now

waterninja
08-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Did you see/catch any perch? Hope they all winterkilled last go round, but i doubt it.
i have fished spring for 2 years now on a reg. basis and have never caught a perch or have seen or talked to anyone who has. don't think there are any perch in spring lake.

boonedocks
08-14-2012, 06:08 PM
i have fished spring for 2 years now on a reg. basis and have never caught a perch or have seen or talked to anyone who has. don't think there are any perch in spring lake.

It has been a few years since i have fished Spring, my personal best perch of 13.5 inches came from there( I really have to get at beating that one) and my personal best rainbow of 5lbs and 13 oz also came out of the ice there.It must have winterkilled as it was full of stunted perch at one time.Good luck!

smitty9
08-14-2012, 06:37 PM

Well...that would be good news indeed. Can anyone else verify? (Treating this like a journalist, lol, would like a 2nd source hahaha).

I say that because, as others have pointed out, there was about 604, 759, 298 perch there at one time, :)

Smitty

waterninja
08-14-2012, 09:30 PM
i belong to the edm. trout club which is located at spring lake and iv'e asked many of the members about the perch situation and so far no one has reported catching a perch there for two years.

smitty9
08-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Awesome!

Thanks!

Smitty