PDA

View Full Version : Sibbald -Lake OR Meadows Pond

TMLhammy
08-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Hey Guys,

This is my very first post on AO and I'm excited to join the mix.

I have been stymied all season so far on about 5 or 6 day trips. I am returning to Sibbald area tonight and have only ever fished the Sibbald 'Lake'. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on either the lake or the meadows pond being better than the other. I was at the lake on Sunday (8/12/12) and saw a few coming to the top for bugs just around 6pm but had no luck pulling anything out.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance, I'm excited to become a productive member of the community.

E

TMLhammy
08-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Hey Guys,

Managed to land a couple of 8-10" rainbows last night at the main lake. Pics were crummy but I think I have at least one on my phone I'll get up soon.

I was told the lake is stocked so not a huge deal but it was empty last night and a gorgeous spot. If you don't mind fishing the smaller trout it's a great miid-week spot.

Cheers

E

jacenbeers
08-15-2012, 10:40 AM
I would skip the lake altogether and drive the extra five minutes to the pond. The fishing is decent and you also have a good chance of catching brook trout as well. Plus, the beaver ponds are also fun to fish across the road.

TMLhammy
08-15-2012, 03:35 PM
I would skip the lake altogether and drive the extra five minutes to the pond. The fishing is decent and you also have a good chance of catching brook trout as well. Plus, the beaver ponds are also fun to fish across the road.

Thanks for the tip on the pond, I've heard that might be a better spot so I'll check that one out tonight. (I'm going back haha)

One of the guys in Wholesale Sports mentioned the beaver ponds too. Do I follow the creek until I find a pond after a dam?

Thanks for your help!

MTB_FlyFisher
08-15-2012, 05:08 PM
If you're driving West along the 68:
- You pass Sibbald Lake on the Right Hand Side
- You pass the main parking lot for the Sibbald Meadows Pond also on the RHS
- Continuing along the 68, less than 1km past the main pond parking lot you will see some beaver ponds on either side of the 68 where you can park your car. The ones on the RHS of the road fall under the regs for the pond. The one on the LHS of the road falls under the regs for unnamed streams in ES1.

TMLhammy
08-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Thanks MTB,
Got held up by life(girlfriend) last night and didn't make it out.... wait I mean I was dying to spend time with her instead of the lake. I plan on getting out there tonight though to avoid the weekend traffic. I really appreciate the tips on new spots of the beaten track hopefully I can follow up with some pics later tonight.

Cheers

E

MTB_FlyFisher
08-16-2012, 01:54 PM
No problem, good luck out there tonight!

I might even see you out there later on this evening, but it'll be rather late when we hit it up since we're heading for a bike ride in the area after work and plan to finish up the night after a ride fishing (and possibly enjoying a BEvERage or two) until twilight out at the beaver ponds near Sibbald.