PDA

View Full Version : Stocking Fish in a pond/ fishing at burnstick lake?

Submoa_hunter
08-14-2012, 02:50 PM
just wondering if your aloud to stock fish like walleye, pike or perch in a pond that you make yourself on your property? and if so do i need a special license to do so. its purely just for fishing purposes. and also is fishing out at burntstick lake any good, ive heard perch fishings good there.

TyreeUM
08-14-2012, 02:54 PM
just wondering if your aloud to stock fish like walleye, pike or perch in a pond that you make yourself on your property? and if so do i need a special license to do so. its purely just for fishing purposes. and also is fishing out at burntstick lake any good, ive heard perch fishings good there.

You would not be able to stock walleye, pike, or perch.

Submoa_hunter
08-14-2012, 03:14 PM
whys that?

pelada trochu
08-14-2012, 03:18 PM
regulations state that its illegal to have live game fish more than a mile from the waters that they are caught in!

so i guess its illegal to take them back to your house, aquarium, pond, etc.

Donkey Oatey
08-14-2012, 03:39 PM

You want fish in your own dugout/pond you will need to contact Alberta Agriculture.

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/agdex3487