PDA

View Full Version : bass crankbaits/lures

kallsimb
08-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Hey guys, I know theres no bass in alberta but im going to bc in a few days and it will be my first time fishing for bass so i was wondering what some good crankbaits/lures are good for catching largies/smallies, i will be fishing lakes. Thanks for your time :)

mapleleafman3
08-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Almost anything Rapala(rattle traps, countdowns, and shad raps) or similar. Tube jigs, plastic worm, spinner baits (mostly for bucket mouth), jigs (like a good flippin jig). At least that's what I have used throughout the states. I would imagine they should work out in BC.

yada
08-14-2012, 11:02 PM
I love bass fishing!! One of the hottest things right now are the square bill crankbaits!

I personally love Xcalibur and luck E strike lures.

Or an umbrella rig with some small swimbaits

In BC, i had some good luck with a brown jig with a light brown craw as a trailer.

fish gunner
08-14-2012, 11:41 PM
with the weeds right up on top. a slow vertical fall from a tube jig can be tough to beat. any suspending crank will do well on weed edges. change up fast 10-15 casts change. next color till you get results then change style in that color. if you have access to a boat dropshoting can be deadly. using electronic 's just like ice fishing. hope that helps.

Gary K
08-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Puppy spook in frog colors
hula popper in fire tiger

nuff said