PDA

View Full Version : kimberly fishing.

spenceryanke
08-15-2012, 12:00 PM
hey does anyone know the rules and regs for fishing in kimberly. got any good spots and what i should be using for lures.. im needing to kill sometime at a wedding this weekend please help!!!

DaveS
08-15-2012, 06:22 PM
You'll hear lots about St. Mary River but access is difficult and you need a classified waters license which for an non-BC resident can be quite expensive. Nearby Wasa Lake and surrounding sloughs have decent bass, perch and sunfish fishing. There is a lake near the rest stop just off the highway near Ft Steele called Campbell Lake, has small stocked rainbows

slingshotz
08-15-2012, 11:31 PM
I just got back two weeks ago from that area. All the rivers there except the Kookenay River and lakes are classified so it's $20/day for each water body.

St. Marys is the closest and best but it's not the easiest walk and wade, you need to drift it to get maximum appreciation and because it does have little public access unless you go way upstream above the lake. The Bull River is the best that I know of close by with excellent FSR access.

The other we did was the Skookumchuk which was by far the best but also the furthest away to access.

jediablo
08-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Per body of water????

skain11
08-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Yes, each individual designated classified river you want to fish it is $20 per day per river for out of province...The rivers are listed in the BC regs...don't forget the $60 yearly license...I don't really mind the $20 as I seemed to be ok paying $90 to golf that area it's the fact that the local standing beside me fishing the same CANADIAN water doesn't have to pay the tourist tax...and we are the ones bringing the O&G dough to spend....see you on the elk Tuesday...lol

jediablo
08-16-2012, 04:16 PM
I have been looking at the regulations and I can't find anything that says you pay $20 per body of water

jediablo
08-16-2012, 04:24 PM
I found it now. Wow that is expensive. So this applies only to steams and not to lakes?

slingshotz
08-17-2012, 12:42 AM
I think there are some lakes where you need a special licence to keep fish but C&R is fine.

The cost of the CW licence is annoying for the fact that there is no option for a yearly CW any body of water for non-residents.