PDA

View Full Version : Where to go fishing in BC

Donkey Slayer
08-16-2012, 07:46 AM
I’m getting tried of going camping in BC without my boat behind the 5th wheel. Next year I’m thinking about renting accomodations. My ideal situation would be:
- reasonable fishing lake, maybe even bass fishing
- docking system to keep the boat on on the water
- good beach area for the kids and wife
- good price but not too rustic
- not too remote, need to be within easy driving distance to stores
- in an area with good weather , not too far north

Does anyone have any ideas on where to go?

Thanks

nate55
08-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Shuswap Lake is nice and close to towns

Donkey Slayer
08-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Yes it is a beautiful area. I was hoping on getting the name of a good place to stay.

The Fisherman Guy
08-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Check out www.vrbo.com

It is a site which private property owners list their vacation homes for rent. I have used VRBO 3 times, and each time was a 10/10 experience.

Cheaper than a hotel, totally free to use and contact property owners. We have stayed in places in Silverstar, Harrison Hot Springs and just outside Astoria.

There are places all over North America, definitely worth a checkout when you are looking for accommodations somewhere new.

curtis_rak
08-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Last summer I did a trip to Lake Windermere for a week at the end of June. Its a reasonable 6.5hr drive from Edmonton. Whenever we go there we stop in Radium at the visitors info centre to get our fishing licenses. Its not oyut of the way, right on the highway....

We rented a condo at Akiskinook Resort. It had 1 queen, a pull-out, full kitchen and a BBQ. It cost us $800 for the week. Wasnt the fanciest place but it was clean, roomy and having the kitchen and BBQ on our patio saved us a ton of $$.

The resort would not moor or store my boat and trailer unless you wanted to pay an extra $150 for the week, so I kept it at Real Storage right on the highway across from Akiskinook Resort and it cost me $25 for the week.

There is also a lesser known public boat launch right in Windermere that has ample free parking on the street. There is also a public beach in the town of Windermere.

Within a 2min boat ride from the resort and the launch there are some crazy spots to fish for largemouth bass. Two of us caught more 2-4lb largemouths than we could handle during that week.

Overall it was an affordable week and the fishing and other lake activities were awesome. The town of Invermere is only 10mins away and they have grocery stores, restaurants and everything else you need.

WabbitKilla
08-21-2012, 08:01 PM
I grew up in North Central BC, Prince George to be exact. The Cariboo region is a nice area that always seems to have good weather. In and around Lac La Hache there are many places to stay and fish. Green Lake, Lac La Hache, Big Bar Lake, and many many more. If you take highway 5 north out of Kamloops then head west on hwy 24 (aka Little Fort Hwy), there are more lakes than you'll know what to do with, small and large. You're looking at anywhere for 9-11 hours maximum to get as far as Lac La Hache but it'll be well worth it. The nice thing about this area is that there are so many lakes and areas to camp that you'll have no problem finding somewhere to stay and fish.

Penner
08-22-2012, 09:04 AM
I have used VRBO 3 times, and each time was a 10/10 experience.

x2 used it for the first time this summer in Radium. Very happy with the property and experince.