PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon charters (Chilliwack area)

lone wolf
08-16-2012, 06:15 PM
I will be in Chilliwack on business, between September 18th-21st (inclusive). I have the option of flying out a day early, and having the Monday free to do some sturgeon fishing. Does anyone have any recommendations for charter operations in the area ? Although I have caught a few dinos in the SSR & NSR, this area is on my bucket list because of the potential to catch a real monster. Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

WayneChristie
08-16-2012, 07:51 PM
dont know why anyone would want to chase 12 foot long 1000 pound fish when they could be chasing 12 inch rainbows!!!! :bad_boys_20: good luck to you, and take lots of pictures. hope to see you on the river this weekend sometime

lone wolf
08-16-2012, 08:10 PM
dont know why anyone would want to chase 12 foot long 1000 pound fish when they could be chasing 12 inch rainbows!!!! :bad_boys_20: good luck to you, and take lots of pictures. hope to see you on the river this weekend sometime

Go figure eh .............

When the boss suggested I should attend the conference, it took me all of 3 seconds to agree and about 2 minutes to clear my calendar of conflicts and delegate all my meetings for the week :sHa_shakeshout:

lone wolf
08-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Wayne, I will be in touch regarding Sunday on the river :-)

Safety D
08-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Cascade charters. Id book now. Thats prime timE !!!!!

CenterPin
08-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Contact freds custom tackle, or dart bait andtackle, a chance they can help out but yeah its prime time.

lone wolf
08-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Cascade charters. Id book now. Thats prime timE !!!!!

Contact freds custom tackle, or dart bait andtackle, a chance they can help out but yeah its prime time.

Thanks guys, good to know. There is a half day charter planned on the Friday afternoon, for conference delegates. However it is 4 to a boat, for 4 hours, so the odds aren't great. Hence my questions regarding the Monday.

curtis_rak
08-18-2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.fraserriverlodge.com/site/fishing/day-trips-shared-boats.html

Ive been to this place twice and their guides are top shelf. Ive usually fished for Salmon there, but we did 1 sturgeon day and caught 8 of them in an afternoon including a 6.5 footer!

TFishin
10-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Hey, I know that it is a little late for giving suggestions. But a really AWESOME sturgeon guide outfit is STURGEON SLAYERS. I went out with them for my bachelor party with my brothers and it was an amazing experience. They are rigged up with all the best equipment, and they are very experienced. There was 5 of us, and we all caught a sturgeon. 1 x 6', 2 x 4 1/2', 1 x 3', and a 1' baby sturgeon. It was one of the best days fishing, and an experience like no other. I highly recommend you check these guys out next time you are in the area!

jeffreys 21234
10-20-2012, 02:31 PM
bc sportfishing group and try getting mike neufeld went up at end of augsut fishing was hard most guys only catchijng one or two fish but mike was getting us on ten or more dinos a day ended up pulling a coupel nice ones in think in three days we totaled just over thirty dinos largest being jst shy of 8ft smallest being not even eleven inches lol was smallest mikes ever seen

tim3500
10-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Lonewolf So how did you make out on your trip on the fraser . Weather was nice that weekend.