PDA

View Full Version : Looking for any resent reports from Crawling Valley.

Russ C
08-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Has anyone been to Crawling Valley lately? Just wondering what's been working (minnow's, leeches on a jig), and how deep the fish are in this heat? Going on Sunday and will be fishing from a boat. I assume that the pike and walleye will be in about 16 to 25 ft of water off the islands and points. Thanks for all and any replies. Russ C

Land-her
08-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Was there last week. Caught a few in the 10lb range. Fish where in the 5-10 feet on the edge of the weed beds on the eat shore before it bends to the north good luck.

freeones
08-23-2012, 09:08 AM
I was there last weekend.

Had the whole family with me, so pretty laid back approach to fishing- an anchor, a jig and a minnow. I can't reallly say how it would have been had I fished it hard, but the walleye fishing was fair to good. They were biting anywhere between 10-20' throughout the day.

The fishing out there is no where near as good as it was 6-7 years ago, but the best part of this trip for me was the number of really small 8-12" walleye and pike that we caught. Great to see that there is natural reproduction and recruitment going on in CVR.