PDA

View Full Version : First Musky Caught Casting...55" and girthy.

ProFishermanJones
08-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Me and one of my friends went out, he usually trolls and does pretty well, today we where dating and he has never caught a ski casting.

To start the day he hooks two fish in the figure 8, something i have never done! and they get off boat side. remember he dosent really cast for muskie much.

Then BOOM 55" muskie ON for his first ever muskie caught casting.

i will let the video explain for itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWTLuCf_TRA

ice
08-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Is this in Alberta? Lol where was this
Very nice fish,
I'd like to catch a muski someday

Teamprotz
08-18-2012, 07:06 PM
You guys were dating ?

Teamprotz
08-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Very nice fish , but that netting attempt , wow !

lone wolf
08-18-2012, 07:25 PM
You guys were dating ?

Very nice fish , but that netting attempt , wow !

x2 ............... lol

Beautiful fish BTW !!

Zuludog
08-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Awesome fish!!!! I'd love go catch a Muskie some day.

Who ever was on the net almost lost your friend a heII of a fish.

FishingMOM
08-18-2012, 08:03 PM
What harbour out?
Sloppy netting!

Nice musky - you get many that size come fall when the water cools off.

DuckBrat
08-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Not sure about where these guys were fishing but my latest season musky was November 12. That was 1/2 hour out of Montreal on the St Lawrence.

Backbay
08-18-2012, 10:33 PM
--I would have released your net man right after you released the fish! :eek:

OneGirlWolfPack
08-18-2012, 10:58 PM
I think he said before that he's from Ontario but I'm not sure. Hey profisherman, you were the net guy in this one weren't you? lol! Nice fish!!

Speckle55
08-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Grats Dude... You the Man!!!!!:bad_boys_20: Wow very nice Musky:sHa_shakeshout: .. the fish in that area are beauties:shark:

David:)

BeeGuy
08-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Wrangling those bad gals must be wild.

Isopod
08-19-2012, 12:52 AM
That's a nice fish! Never caught a muskie myself but was with a friend in Ontario when he caught one -- I think it was only 13" long and hit a crankbait about half its size... kind of like a baby pike on a 'roid rage.

JohninAB
08-19-2012, 07:05 AM
--I would have released your net man right after you released the fish! :eek:

X2

Nice muskie

ProFishermanJones
08-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Rofl screw the auto correct on this new macbook pro.
i was trying to spell casting but when you miss the s in casting it puts dating LOL
CASTING for anyone who is getting silly on me.

This is in the best muskie fishery in the world, lake st clair ontario.

and YES I WAS the net man in this video thanks for relizing .

Daceminnow
08-19-2012, 04:37 PM

another awesome specimen. thanks for posting the vid link. net man comments again hey. have you been there? guess what. big fish, especially ones that haven't had a chance to tire don't just swim into the net. it ain't easy. bottom line, the fish was netted. great video and pictures were shot to commemorate the catch. the fish swims away. complete success in my mind.

Dace

greylynx
08-19-2012, 04:46 PM
MOM says that there was some pretty sloppy netting going on there and she is right.

Anyways, I was wondering about stuff I have heard about Muskies.

Do Muskie usually hunt in pairs, or is that just "Gill Fisher TV talk show" BS?

The water still looks pretty good for the hot summer you guys have had.

OneGirlWolfPack
08-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Rofl screw the auto correct on this new macbook pro.
i was trying to spell casting but when you miss the s in casting it puts dating LOL
CASTING for anyone who is getting silly on me.

This is in the best muskie fishery in the world, lake st clair ontario.

Haha! Sorry! :p I agree with Dace. You got it in the net. It's all good and your friend has some amazing memories from the trip. That's what matters.

ReayMan
08-19-2012, 10:59 PM
You guys were dating ?

Hahahahah

ReayMan
08-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Wicked awesome fish!! I would Pick on the dude about his net skills but those big ones that barely fit in the net are hard to get in there!! Props for putting the fish back.

densa44
08-20-2012, 08:10 AM
This is a small warm shallow lake that has more fish per acre than any other one in Canada, so claim my Biologist friends. It is on the seaway near Windsor and Detroit and as you can see produces lots of fish. There used to be a commercial fishery on the lake, I don't know about now.

Musky are found all through the southern great lakes and the St. Lawrence river.

ProFishermanJones
08-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Haha! Sorry! :p I agree with Dace. You got it in the net. It's all good and your friend has some amazing memories from the trip. That's what matters.
Thanks, onegirlwolfpack, some great memories have been made fishing this season. i just need to get a boat now so i can slay all day.

if only you guys knew the amount of people that said i need a new net LOL it would make you sick. :fighting0074:

pick on me all ya want for my netting skills lol i encourage it actually.
:sHa_shakeshout: