PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake Water Condition???

briangeorge
08-19-2012, 07:18 AM
How is the water condition in Pigeon Lake? Any one been out in the last couple of days your report would be appreciated.
Thanks.
BrianGeorge

EZM
08-19-2012, 09:41 AM
We were out there yesterday. Lots of Algae but not "gross" quite yet. Fishing was a little slower as the eyes did not seem to be schooling up as much. Had to troll to produce good numbers as the few smaller schools we found were on the move.

A few things we found a bit wierd;

Trolling rapalas acually produced more fish than jigging a minnow or trolling a lindy rig or walleye spinner worm harness. Firetiger and perch pattern divers (7'-15' divers) in a 3"-4" size @ around 2.3 mph had them going crazy.

Walleye were shallower than expected - 12-16ft of water.

briangeorge
08-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the info. We actually went out today. You are absolutely right about the trolling. My Wife and I both trolled Rappala's. We landed about 8 Walleye in approx. 3 hours. 2 were keepers in my tag slot size of 43 - 50. Our 2 were both 48cms.
The water is not bad really. The fishing is slow compared to what it normally is.
Regards:
BrianGeorge

EZM
08-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Cool .... I'm glad I could help. It seemed to get better the further we went north of the park toward sunset harbor subdivision along the weedlines.

I can say it was a little surprising to see walleyes "prefering" a trolled rapala over bait.

Glad you hooked up.