PDA

View Full Version : wowwser still water action.

fish gunner
08-20-2012, 10:21 PM
crazy evening at a local stocked pond. I arrived to an rise likes of which I have not seen since I left the kootaneys. pods of fish 10" - 14" finning lazily, gorging themselves at one end of the lake. initially I could see no insects on the water other than the odd mayfly and nudge. made a few casts with various flies I thought might bring some interest. black gnat, chrome cronimid. then a soft hackle with a silver body. Smash, first strip,the game was on. every cast two and three misses then hook up. as the light changed I was able to find a better vantage point and was able to follow each pods movement, placing my cast infront of the fishs line of travel miss ,miss, smash two hours of game little bows all released still in the water. wowser,get out there folks still water stockies you cant keep off. tight lines, big grins.
:):sHa_shakeshout:

Alberta Bigbore
08-20-2012, 10:49 PM
grats

pikergolf
08-20-2012, 11:19 PM
So, what were they feeding on?

fish gunner
08-20-2012, 11:29 PM
mayflies, as the sun set the sky was full of them. millions of them. saw maybe ten till the sun broke the horizon. at first I thought midges as they were so lazy. tomorrow will be better prepared. pics of fish and fly if im lucky to get the same action.