PDA

View Full Version : Labrador Brookies

Levy
08-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Im heading out tomorrow at 6:00 AM. I'll be working out of Port Hope Simpson on the Alexis River. Im looking for any advice on sea run brookies and brookies in general. Being from North Eastern Alberta hasn't given me much experience with these guys and fishing buddies have even less experience than me. Last summer my buddy managed to catch a 22 inch brookie and my largest was 17 inches. We found tons of 6 to 12 inchers at the edge of lakes or near over hangs but don't know where to target the lunkers. Any help appreciated.

Levy

fish gunner
08-21-2012, 12:49 AM
mouse fly. big brookies love em or kamloops spoons. the largest panther martin and mepps deep spinners.

tight line
08-21-2012, 09:34 AM
From sea run fishing experience in PEI i use orange shrimp, san jaun worms, slight leetches, and nymphs, use strike indicators! Good luck

madcarpenter
08-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Back when I lived in New Brunswick, chasing big sea-run trout was my go to thing for R&R.
I've chased sea-run brookies, brown, and rainbows. My go to flies were BIG muddler/marabou minnows in white with silver flashabou, brown mouse, magog smelt, and the clouser minnows. And sometimes when fishing the Miramichi river for salmon, we'd hook into alot of them on big bombers and green machines.

Best of luck, and I hope you hook into a fish that thinks he's FLIPPER! Cause they do like to jump!

-Mad

Levy
08-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Just rolled into town. Thanks for the help guys I'll head out in the next few days and give it a try.