PDA

View Full Version : Nordegg Area

Stugeogarcia
08-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Heading there for September long weekend, and never been before. Taking two jet boats. It is an exploratory mission, but if anyone has any suggestions or must see's that would be wonderful.

FishingFrenzy
08-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Heading there for September long weekend, and never been before. Taking two jet boats. It is an exploratory mission, but if anyone has any suggestions or must see's that would be wonderful.

Jetboats could be fun on the NSR as well as some of the smaller rivers like the Brazeau, Baptiste, or Elk

To be honest the best fishing in that area is in some of the smaller creeks/streams/rivers

Get a Barry Mitchells guide and try out some of the area locations. Shunda is the popular one but there are some real nice honey holes if you look for them.

Mitchthefisher
08-21-2012, 10:15 PM
if you want to catch big rainbows go to fish lake.

338Bluff
08-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Jetboats could be fun on the NSR as well as some of the smaller rivers like the Brazeau, Baptiste, or Elk

To be honest the best fishing in that area is in some of the smaller creeks/streams/rivers

Get a Barry Mitchells guide and try out some of the area locations. Shunda is the popular one but there are some real nice honey holes if you look for them.

Cast spinners or small spoons where small tribs enter. You are going to have a very short or non-existant run up the Elk or Baptiste. Both get very small and shallow above their confluence with the bigger rivers.

FishingFrenzy
08-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Cast spinners or small spoons where small tribs enter. You are going to have a very short or non-existant run up the Elk or Baptiste. Both get very small and shallow above their confluence with the bigger rivers.

Where the trunk road crosses the brazeau north of nordegg is plenty big for a jet.

biggamehunter
08-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Try brazieu res, I hooked a big bull in there a while back casting from shore to the right of the boat launch. Used a 6 inch black/grey jig with a red tail.

338Bluff
08-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Where the trunk road crosses the brazeau north of nordegg is plenty big for a jet.

Brazeau is navigable.. I think most guys run up from the reservoir. I'm pretty sure you can't make very far up the Elk or the Baptiste though. Maybe in a flood.

FishingFrenzy
08-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Brazeau is navigable.. I think most guys run up from the reservoir. I'm pretty sure you can't make very far up the Elk or the Baptiste though. Maybe in a flood.

Sorry I was thinking of the Brazeau, never fished the baptiste. :sign0007:

Elk, when I was there I guess the water was a bit high but it still looked do-able. Depends on water levels I suppose:)

to the OP:
Cruising around Abraham and fishing the creek mouths could be fun.