PDA

View Full Version : milk river

recce43
08-22-2012, 12:32 PM
I heading out monday for aweek camping and fishing at goldsprings campground with the family first time fishing milk river . Any reports or what works in the river there
Thanks

Guitarplayingfish
08-22-2012, 12:52 PM
I heading out monday for aweek camping and fishing at goldsprings campground with the family first time fishing milk river . Any reports or what works in the river there
Thanks

All I can say is

If you catch the elusive Stonecat - Take pictures!!

Meg
08-22-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm sitting with someone who has spent a LOT of time at Goldsprings and he has only ever seen hand full of people fish the river by Goldsprings and has never seen a fish come out of there.
From the sounds of it, anything that was caught in the river was farther west than Goldsprings, but who knows, we spend our time fishing the pond when we are there, so we could be completely wrong.

WayneChristie
08-22-2012, 10:00 PM
X2 on the stonecat, good luck. should be some sauger around too. if you catch minnows be sure they arent the western silvery, only area they are found. (Writing on Stone area anyways)

recce43
08-23-2012, 08:42 AM
whats the pond like to fish?

Stugeogarcia
08-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Sone Cat. I have recently read the Alberta gov's study on them. If you are going to go for them; two things. Be in the Rock's or "Stones", and don't start fishing untill midnight. Good luck I would love to see one.

saddleup
08-23-2012, 02:22 PM
The pond,, Goldsprings Park, has 10-12 inch rainbows in it.. stocked pond.. the Milk River has suckers, northern pike, walleye , sauger, goldeye in it,but only time to fish is in late fall just before freeze up. Water levels are still high, water is very muddy now. Once main canal shut down, and water levels drop, river will clear up completely, but is down to a creek. fish the deep holes:):):)