PDA

View Full Version : Custom Boat Cover

Smokercraft
08-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Looking for some suggestions on places to get a custom cover for my Smokercraft Pro Mag. I've had a generic cover (from Costco I think) for a couple years that gave out on me last weekend.

I have the necessary snaps for a snap down cover and figure if I'm buying a new one anyway might as well go all out.

Did a search and only found recommendations in the Calgary area, I'm in Edmonton.

BEL
08-22-2012, 04:35 PM
A friend told me to check Hunter's RV as they would have my boat's custom cover. Mine is a Sylvan but who knows they may have Smokers. check a Smokercraft dealer. Good luck. BEL

TROLLER
08-22-2012, 04:39 PM
SEW WUT. They are in Calgary and will make it to fit exact. Not cheap but the best.

Bigdad013
08-22-2012, 04:43 PM
I know a person in sicamous. Just had one done on my boat. Unbelievable job. Anybody that has a decent cover or tarp out their uses her. Might be worth the a phone call or the drive. Pretty sure she might be fully booked as everyone uses her. PM if you want her number

CBintheNorth
08-22-2012, 04:54 PM
I recommend seeing Paul at Allfab Tarp in northwest Edmonton. He made mine for me years ago and still holding up well. He made it to cover both motors and attached a rubberized material at the bow which extends down to the trailer to protect from rocks. It was amazing to watch him lay out the cuts and stitches. If literally threw the material on, made 6 marks and went to town stitching...fits like a glove! I'll dig up some pics and post on here if you're interested. At the time I think it cost $600, but I should have paid the extra for premium material plus a few other changes I would recommend if I had to do it again.

Big Bull
08-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Check out Wayne's Upholestery in Edmonton. They did a great custom job on the cover for my freighter canoe.

gramps73
08-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Alberta Tent and Awning in Calgary not sure if they are in Edmonton...

Gilligan
08-23-2012, 06:35 AM
Seat Cover Center in Edmt. approx argyl and 66th ?? or very close
to there anyways.... Ive seen hot rods / daily drivers and some
nice boat covers being made there.

One more thing... have you tried an OE type ?? I mean right
from Smokercraft ???

Smokercraft
08-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions!

I bought the boat when it was 2 years old so I've never dealt with the dealer. When I wanted to find some touch-up paint to fix a scratch that was on it when I bought it I found out the dealership was Shipwrek Marine here in Edm. I've tried 3 times to get an answer about a simple bottle of touch-up paint from 3 different people in the last two years with no luck.

Needless to say, their customer service has been brutal, so I'd rather go custom if it means not dealing with them.

Thanks again for the replies, I'll be doing my homework so I can get one made in time for next season (my boat is nicer than my truck, so she gets the garage over winter).

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-23-2012, 09:13 AM
I bought one with my boat think it cost 700 bucks but its super nice and very easy to put on and take off and made of some very tough material .

Its a rachet strap style , and has poles for long term parking , Like over winter so that the snow doesnt stretch . I really am happy with it .

Lornce
08-23-2012, 09:53 AM
I bought one with my boat think it cost 700 bucks but its super nice and very easy to put on and take off and made of some very tough material .

Its a rachet strap style , and has poles for long term parking , Like over winter so that the snow doesnt stretch . I really am happy with it .

Bought the same one at Bass Pro, very happy with it. Love the quick strap ratchet system.

Pixel Shooter
08-23-2012, 10:05 AM
http://www.boatcovers.com/

ordered one for my boat custom fit for $300 shipped...... used it since Feb, luv it, custom fit is soooooo much nicer then generic

fish99
08-23-2012, 11:02 AM
denam in sask has custum cover for all kinds of boats

TheHitchGuy
08-23-2012, 11:05 AM

Thats a really nice cover you got on that thing . whoever made that thing was thinking about user friendly system thats forsure .

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Bought the same one at Bass Pro, very happy with it. Love the quick strap ratchet system.

Yeah I love it .

Thats a really nice cover you got on that thing . whoever made that thing was thinking about user friendly system thats forsure .

It sure is someone is mamike good coin off them .

JimmerAB
08-23-2012, 02:45 PM
I had a new custom tarp built this spring to replace my 12 year old snap on tarp. It was made by C & M Upholstery in Edmonton. They did a fine job, and were able to match the original snap pattern. A much heavier and more durable material than the OEM tarp. Again, not the cheapest place around, but I'm thinking this tarp might outlast me...

Jim

-JR-
08-23-2012, 05:12 PM
I checked out most of the boat tarp builder 3 years ago these guy had the best price and they lowered the price even more because they let me help .they built the tarp and i installed the snaps on the tarp so matched the old snaps.
If you got the coin go with the sunbrella ? ,it will not fad.
Just tell them John Ratke sent you .

Nottingham Upholstery - 5927 92 St Nw, Edmonton, AB ...

Mayhem
08-24-2012, 04:19 PM
I had a new custom tarp built this spring to replace my 12 year old snap on tarp. It was made by C & M Upholstery in Edmonton. They did a fine job, and were able to match the original snap pattern. A much heavier and more durable material than the OEM tarp. Again, not the cheapest place around, but I'm thinking this tarp might outlast me...

Jim

X2 on that. My old man had them make one for his Sylvan. the previous tarp was a tie down canvas type and was worn out. They installed snaps along the gunwale, it is a really nice fit/finnish and definately durable fabric. No matter where you go have a look at their work first.

Kim473
08-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Alberta Tent and Awning in Calgary not sure if they are in Edmonton...

X2

They are in edmonton, might be under the name edmonton tent and awning.

ragweed
08-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Airdrie Canvas. He does an awesome job and the quality is exceptional.

Who Da Fisherman
08-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Airdrie Canvas. He does an awesome job and the quality is exceptional.

Do they do the snap down or tie down?

-JR-
08-25-2012, 11:28 AM
This is boat cover Nottingham built for me for around $300.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/Homewreacker/SouthBucklakeJune62009rained007.jpg

Lornce
08-25-2012, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=-JR-;1575724]This is boat cover Nottingham built for me for around $300.
Wow that is super for the price.