PDA

View Full Version : Hinton area

cluneyboy
08-23-2012, 07:19 AM
My wife and myself are heading to Jasper next week for her work party.On the way back to Edmonton we want to stop and fish for the day.
I was thinking somewhere in the Hinton/Edson area.We have a small boat for lakes or fly gear for streams or rivers.
I don't know the area at all so any ideas on where to kill a day would be appreciated.
Any grayling out that way?

Thanks,
Curtis

kidd
08-23-2012, 08:07 AM
I cant help much with ideas, but there was a thread here this summer that will give you what you are looking for. do a quick search and good luck fishing! If it were me, I would head south from just West of Edson on the hwy to Robb and fish the Erith River. Never done it before.
kidd

Zorehor
08-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Wild horse lake and Kinky lake have rainbow and brook trout.

-JR-
08-23-2012, 08:20 AM
Few nice lakes along that area ,if you want to stay close to the hyw go to Obed lake. Its between Hinton and Edson ,its about 1 km from the hyw ,mostly trout.

kinky lake and wildhourse lake you might realy like as it is between Hinton and Jasper, as you get a Mountain veiw while fishing.

If you want to go deeper for trout ,Emerson lake is a breath taking lake ,water is cristal clear. its about 70 klm in .but well worth the drive worth spending the day here ,alot of marked hiking trails that lead to the river .Between hinton and Edson
Fickle lake for pike and walleye about 35 km off the hyw.
Rock lake for lakers ,but thats a deeper drive .
Best is to pick up a the Alberta fishing guide ,many lakes and creeks in that area as you might be driving past some good spots while driving to a lake
good luck.
JR

cluneyboy
08-23-2012, 09:57 AM
thanks all