PDA

View Full Version : Going fishing at Koocanusa and Surveyors/Baynes

Kenny Blankenship
08-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Just about to head out on our annual camping trip to Kikomun creek provincial park. I fished Surveyors and Baynes last year on my pontoon boat and caught hundreds of small bass. While that was fun for an hour or two, this year I''m going for some bigger fish (especially now that I've got my fish finder rigged up on the pontoon boat). Anyone have any tips for me for any of these lakes?

seahawkfisher
08-24-2012, 12:01 AM
do what you can to get under/ around the bridge and fish engineer's lake; there are other lakes in the park that are a little harder to get in to with fish that see a lot less pressure... tight to the docks in the heat of the day at baynes.
don't bother with north star lake if you were thinking about it - didn't see a single fish; there is a lake inside 30 min drive that holds some nice buckets thats worth a shot...

good luck

Pincherguy
08-24-2012, 12:05 AM
my brother lives in Baynes lake. He said they stocked it with a good number of bigger trout

jacenbeers
08-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Baynes Lake is awesome. It has rainbow trout in the deeper water and tons of smallmouth bass in the shallow water. Near the boat launch there are tons of lily pads and I found tons of them in there last time I was there.