PDA

View Full Version : Crawling valley

Fishingaddict
08-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Going to crawling valley for the september long weekend but have never been there we do not have a boat so wondering if there is a dock to fish off of and if it's good fishing there or is there a better spot to fish off of thanks for all of your help

Shongololo
08-24-2012, 04:16 PM
right in the marina, got a few pike there before

TROLLER
08-24-2012, 04:24 PM
You will catch lots of walleye from the dock don't know about pike.

Fishingaddict
08-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Two more questions what bait works best minnows leeches worms and is it like pcr where you just put the minnow down and the walleye hit all day or do they only bite at a certain time and are the pike ok to eat?

TROLLER
08-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Minnows work fine. Not too likely you will find leaches anywhere. Their season is pretty well finished.

Pike are ok to eat, saw a guy catch a decent burbot off the dock once.

Quite a surprise as it was in the afternoon.

isoseeker
08-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Two more questions what bait works best minnows leeches worms and is it like pcr where you just put the minnow down and the walleye hit all day or do they only bite at a certain time and are the pike ok to eat?

I usually refer to this site whenever eating fish caught from a body of water is in question: http://www.mywildalberta.com/fishing/SafetyProcedures/FishConsumptionAdvisory.aspx

lnmcleod
08-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Try the face of the dam East of the Camp Ground we see pike & Walley their lots.

Fishingaddict
08-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks everyone now know everything I need and more:sHa_shakeshout:

Fishingaddict
09-02-2012, 05:11 PM
So everyone a update for off shore fishing at CRV caught plenty 4-6lb walleye very amazed biggest I have ever got off shore tried pike fishing spoons don't work because of how weedy it is caught no pike look everywhere for them nothin:angry3: lake is quite green but other than looks of good size walleye at the marina not much to report

-R