PDA

View Full Version : Lost boat?

JohnnyD
08-24-2012, 09:06 PM
If you lost an aluminum boat today (august 24) on pigeon lake I rescued your vessel. PM me a description and Ill get it back to you. Proper authoritys were called but dont seem to interested.

vcmm
08-24-2012, 09:12 PM
If you lost an aluminum boat today (august 24) on pigeon lake I rescued your vessel. PM me a description and Ill get it back to you. Proper authoritys were called but dont seem to interested.

Nice to see a fellow outdoorsman help one another.
May the fish gods smile upon you.:)

bwackwabbit
08-24-2012, 09:19 PM

Good on you sir!

Cheers.

Fish face
08-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Nice work. I'll spread the word.

Land-her
08-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Well after a certain period of time. I guess you would legally own it.

If you plan to sell PM me..

Mulestalker
08-25-2012, 03:58 PM
If its red and says PRO-V on it ,its mine....

schmedlap
08-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Hard to believe one could lose their boat and not have any apparent anxiety about retrieving it? Unless they have not yet realized it is "astray" (?). Good on you for trying to find the rightful owner!!
Puts me in mind of a time when a group of fellows (OK, myself included) parked my buddy's boat (with my motor on it) in the near by cove, and as the last one out for the evening, my bud (now deceased) was in charge of securing it. He "forgot" to pull out the anchor or otherwise secure it, the wind came up on our shore and increased the depth in the cove, and the next thing was some nearby campers coming around to ask whose boat had floated out and down the lake. We were pretty sure it wasn't ours, but went out to look, and there went our boat and gear off down the lake, at quite an amazing speed. Luckily, a couple of guys not yet in for the evening were recruited to go and retrieve it and tow it in. My bud took **** over that every time we were out together after that, as you can imagine, particularly every time it was time to "tie up" for the night. If it had not been for those observant informers, and the guys who were still out there very late, we might not ever have retrieved the boat and contents - they would have been several kilometers away and possibly swamped and sunk by morning (?).
Maybe this is a good place for any "lost boat" stories?

Kokanee9
08-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I think there may have been some evening thunderstorms the night before and that might have been when it came loose from wherever it was parked.

dragon
08-27-2012, 02:37 PM
I do believe that they belong to the United church by mulhurst. I heard that they lost several canoes as they had some guests renting them and failed to tie them up properly friday night.

several canoes and their aluminum tow boat