PDA

View Full Version : I'm beginning to think I might have a problem...

Geezle
08-25-2012, 07:57 PM
But at least I think I've got something for almost every occasion now! :lol:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/GeezleHerps/DSCN0538.jpg

Really though, until I laid them all out I didn't even know how many rods I had. :o I've got a few other reels floating around here somewhere as well.

Edit: Let's see everybody else's collections!

tara_13
08-25-2012, 08:01 PM
11 truck doors.. and you still have 1 left !!

WayneChristie
08-25-2012, 08:05 PM
dont forget the ice rods. you're holding out on us! looks normal to me

Geezle
08-25-2012, 08:08 PM
dont forget the ice rods. you're holding out on us! looks normal to me

Maybe I'll dig out the ice rods later...for now it's just the open water gear :lol:

JohninAB
08-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Looking good now just have to get you in that $60000 fishing boat and then be set!

Scott N
08-25-2012, 08:25 PM
what... no fly gear?:confused:

Geezle
08-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Looking good now just have to get you in that $60000 fishing boat and then be set!

Baby steps man...baby steps! :lol:

Geezle
08-25-2012, 08:27 PM
what... no fly gear?:confused:

Nope, I have enough money pits at the moment...one habit at a time!

pelada trochu
08-25-2012, 08:34 PM

Really though, until I laid them all out I didn't even know how many rods I had. :o I've got a few other reels floating around here somewhere as well.

Yes but i thought it was that u needed to build a rack!!!

bloopbloob
08-25-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't think that's too out of line for a lot of us on AOF, i probably have a dozen rods and reels, only really use 3 of them most of the time. And shopping for hooks has almost lost its appeal because i own almost everything on the wall in the stores... Just end up buying duplicates in other colors and sizes.

But to put it in perspective, I remember One member on here :rolleye2: who spends $1600 or $1800 every month on fishing gear, mostly black jigs I believe...

Badback
08-25-2012, 09:45 PM
I don't see a problem Jay...It's just a nice start that you have...:)

just_dave
08-25-2012, 10:18 PM
If this is a problem, it's a darn good problem to have.

Nice equipment!

super mario
08-25-2012, 10:29 PM
If this is a problem, it's a darn good problem to have.

Nice equipment!

when you have garage sale lol nice

Willowtrail
08-25-2012, 11:43 PM
I resemble that picture. I cleaned out the living room today and put it all in the boat. Now theres nowhere for me in the boat.

Time to organize a bit i guess

the local angler
08-25-2012, 11:58 PM
if thats what you call a problem then i should be comitted cause i have total of 33 rods right now. all includes ice fishing fly rods deep sea rods which i have yet to use in 3 years now. lol my newest rod was suppose to be another float rod around 13 feet cause my current float rod is only 10feet long some how i ended up going home with a ......wait for it........16 foot float rod. why i have know idea even being a 3 piece is still friggen longs as hell. i am acutally tempted to try it out as a fly rod cause its a light action. lol

BeeGuy
08-26-2012, 12:46 AM
3 bait casting rods, 2 level wind reels. Med and heavy
2 spinning rods, 2 spinning reels. Light and medium
2 fly rods, 1 fly reel, 2 spools. A mangled 6wt fen wick and a new 6wt stcroix
2 ice rods, 0 ice reels. Light action rapala or bob Izumi
3 budget tip-ups.

Bout all I need to get'r done.

npauls
08-26-2012, 12:50 AM
You are still green when it comes to fishing gear.

I would take a picture of all of my gear but it would take a couple days to get it all in one place and if the wife sees the pictures it could cause some tension.

Gust
08-26-2012, 01:44 AM
22 rods of various this and that and 11 reels,,, have gifted about 10 rods and 6 reels over the years,,, will take picture later. When pa and I go fishin we bring 6 set ups for different styles we expect to encounter.

Gust
08-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Oh right,,,, and 5 ice rod & reels.

Geezle
08-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Alright, from what most of you guys are telling me...I'm not doing so bad! :lol:

WorldClass
08-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Alright, from what most of you guys are telling me...I'm not doing so bad! :lol:

I think they're telling you, 'oh, that's nice' while pulling out the measuring tape and checkin thier pants.

KegRiver
08-26-2012, 08:09 AM
I don't see a Saskatoon pole in there.

You are missing one, at least one.

bsnyder
08-26-2012, 08:13 AM
HAHA tooo funny. OH- thats a nice collection, we carry 11 sets in the boat alone ,never mind the stuff at home.What a great habit ,eh??:bad_boys_20:

Geezle
08-26-2012, 08:16 AM
I don't see a Saskatoon pole in there.

You are missing one, at least one.

Saskatoon pole? :confused:

KegRiver
08-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Saskatoon pole? :confused:

Also known as a hillbilly fishing rod.

Don't ask me how I know it. But I will say, they do work quite well.

Rig consists of one 10 or 12 foot long, close to straight Saskatoon stem, 15 or so feet of braided fishing line, one foot of brass wire, for a leader don't you know, and a large spinner or similar lure, baited with chicken gizzard.

I saw it in a picture in a book called; The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Geezle
08-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Also known as a hillbilly fishing rod.

Don't ask me how I know it. But I will say, they do work quite well.

Rig consists of one 10 or 12 foot long, close to straight Saskatoon stem, 15 or so feet of braided fishing line, one foot of brass wire, for a leader don't you know, and a large spinner or similar lure, baited with chicken gizzard.

I saw it in a picture in a book called; The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Duely noted.

Been a while since I stumbled across a saskatoon bush though...:lol:

Redfrog
08-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Don't listen to these guys.:snapoutofit:

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in the looooong recovery process.:)

TROLLER
08-26-2012, 11:29 AM

NA not a big deal I did not see any fly rods or ice fishn stuff so you have a goodly ways to go. Keep up the good work.

You'll get there one day.

KN12313
08-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Just respooled, 6 at the cabin, 16 in the stratos, 12 in the sleigh, 8 at home and 4 old ones in the shed, a dozen or so tackle boxes. But the best part of all, the wife thinks "not enough gear" :love0025: :sHa_shakeshout: My wife was sitting on a pail looking through a hole in the ice the day before our first child was born. Eat your hearts out!

Gust
08-26-2012, 01:14 PM

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in the looooong recovery process.:)

With the recovery steps being fishing and the medicine? Acquiring more tackle.

Like a snake eating its tail.

YeeHaw
08-26-2012, 02:51 PM
If it starts to be to much of a problem, I would be willing to sacrifice myself and take some of your burdon off your hands. Lol

Geezle
08-26-2012, 09:50 PM

But what if I don't want to recover? :o

Redfrog
08-26-2012, 10:00 PM
But what if I don't want to recover? :o

We have a group for that too. It's called the AO fishing Forum.:sHa_shakeshout:

EZM
08-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Geezle,

You are sick, but you are not alone, I too have the same inoperable condition, unfortunately mine seems to be in a far more advanced stage and I'm now terminal.

Case in point, last week I added another pricey setup courtesy of the fishing hole's sale.

You just never know with these things, they just seem to get worse and worse.

browning375
08-27-2012, 06:38 PM
I thought my fresh water gear collection was getting out of hand, now when I go shopping its a double hit! Salmon gear gets expensive quickly, and you need a heck of a tackle box to go with it.

Not only I find myself wondering the isles looking for fresh water gear I always end up coming home with a flasher or halibut jig or some sort of saltwater tackle that drives the wife crazy! I truly believe its a sickness, because I usually run the same rig over and over and just keep collecting gear I will probably never use!

Fish face
08-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Between summer and ice and the yard salers and flea market rods, at last count i had 38. don't worry, you're good. I hide em in the garage, she never goes out there. Although most of the garage sale ones are stocked to give to first time fishermen and kids. I've given many kids their first rod. its the best.keep going and kick the old stuff to newbies. feels great and thins out the herd. And that total doesn't include the 12 tip ups or the 9 tackle boxes!

SNAPFisher
08-27-2012, 09:27 PM
I thought my fresh water gear collection was getting out of hand, now when I go shopping its a double hit! Salmon gear gets expensive quickly, and you need a heck of a tackle box to go with it.

Not only I find myself wondering the isles looking for fresh water gear I always end up coming home with a flasher or halibut jig or some sort of saltwater tackle that drives the wife crazy! I truly believe its a sickness, because I usually run the same rig over and over and just keep collecting gear I will probably never use!

Amen! Throw in salt water and the problem is very serious. Then try to match fly fishing to both fresh and salt water and you have crossed boundaries you should not have.