PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Goose Lake, Emerald Lake, Schuman Lake, and Little Mcleod pls!!!!!

FyshynChick
08-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Morning Everyone!!

Newbie here. Bear with me.

Recently have been making the trip up from Edmonton to McLeod Lake to grab some Rainbow. Fishing has been good there, have pretty much counted out even though they are smaller, still a good time.

Been looking at the other lakes in the area and see that Schuman is a stocked lake very near Goose Lake in the same area. Has anyone here been up to Schuman and if so, how is it there. Would like to hear about Goose Lake as well, thoughts being to be able to hit Schuman for some Rainbow and then maybe Goose for some Perch if its worth it.

Also for Little McLeod......have seen Pike and Whitefish listed, but also see they have Northern Trout(?). What the HECK is a Northern Trout.....or is this a typo and they maybe meant to put in "Northern Pike"?????

Thanks in advance, cheers!

Gerry
08-26-2012, 10:09 PM
I was up at Shuman a couple of weeks back.
Not much there, all that was caught were this years stock of rainbow.
Only saw 2 caught in about 4 hours. I was going to go over to Goose,
however, I talked to one of the locals and was told that Goose had blue/green algae. I talked to an older couple from Goose and they confirmed it.

winger7mm
08-27-2012, 09:17 AM
"carson" lake is probably the best bet out of all the lakes you had listed for catching numbers (especially on hard water) Emerald lake is a pain to get to if you dont know where your going lol. Its been years since iv fished there but IIRC there are either brook trout or brown trout in there but im sure its brook trout. Shuman is a good spot to throw a fly and catch a whack load of small ones. Goose lake I only ever have fished in winter. Won an ice auger years ago for largest perch in an ice tourny, and a trolling motor the year after for second ;). IMO I would fish the rivers, then come ice up, I would fish the lakes