PDA

View Full Version : decent shore fishing near edmonton

heak
08-26-2012, 05:14 PM
i know its kinda late in the season but i wanna take my gf and kids out fishing.

I dont have a boat so thats out of the question but i was wondering if anyone had some idea's. Its been years since i fished and would like to get back into it.

YeeHaw
08-26-2012, 05:57 PM
N.s.r.:)

Willowtrail
08-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Vegreville trout pond. Great access all the way around the lake. Use slip bobbers with 1/64oz jigheads with maggots. Once you get set to the right depth you won't keep the perch off. Then you'll tie into a nice 12" rainbow that will have your drag screaming since you have it set for perch.

5 trout and 15 perch limit if you want to feed them supper too.

Good luck

heak
08-26-2012, 08:44 PM
thanks will have to try it out dont know much about where i can or am aloud to fish on the nsr any idea's or decent spots?

BGSH
08-26-2012, 08:49 PM
thanks will have to try it out dont know much about where i can or am aloud to fish on the nsr any idea's or decent spots?

Pick up a regulations book as Sturgeon are catch and release in Alberta and walleye are catch and release pretty much from Drayton valley to the Edm,Sask border, just go to the fishin hole, they give up all the good spots as usual and they will also give you a map as well, other then that just go hunting for spots on the n.s.r, look and fish the back eddies, good luck.

thundergrey
08-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Cardiff is good too if your north edmonton

heak
08-26-2012, 08:59 PM
hmm i am north edmonton located really close the to base just got posted here. Grew up here but alot has changed since i was here last

biggamehunter
08-26-2012, 09:02 PM
NSR, beaumont trout pond, coal lake, wizard lake, wabumun and all the trout ponds out by spruce (There's at least 15)

BGSH
08-26-2012, 09:06 PM
hmm i am north edmonton located really close the to base just got posted here. Grew up here but alot has changed since i was here last
Freeman river is awsome .

waterninja
08-27-2012, 02:13 AM
i also recommend cardiff for you as it is pretty close to where you live and is kid freindly

wilcorp1
09-04-2012, 12:57 PM
I too live north and if you live near the base, fishing at Hermitage Lake or Cardiff pond (stocked trout). If your going to Hermitage there is also the North Saskatchewan where the off leash dog park area is (Google map it). It gets busy there, but lots of good fishing.