PDA

View Full Version : I need help

Redfrog
08-26-2012, 07:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/Redfrog/august2012191.jpg

I took my Grand daughter fishing. Small quiet slough.

First cast i hooked a 12 inch pike. just as I got it to shore it got off. She went ballistic. She wanted to catch one. I was going to hook another and let her reel it in. she wanted no part of that "I can do it myself":) That's my girl.

Sure enough she hooks the twin to the first one. I grab the camera and scramble to get a pick so we can let it go. Just as I snap the pic, the fish flipped and scared her. She dropped the rod and you can see the result. I got the pike back into the water not much worse for wear.
Can't say the same for My Grand daughter.:)

She didn't want to fish anymore. What do I do now?:thinking-006:

hal53
08-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Yes, Yes you do.....have an auto- wrecker come and pick up that Ford ASAP, get your Grand -Daughter into counselling, being forced to ride in a Ford is very traumatic for the young ones, and book yourself for at least 3 months therapy before u purchase another vehicle.....hope fully Social Services doesn't hear about this.....BTW, is that a fishing rod on the trail????:thinking-006: LOL!!!!

Redfrog
08-26-2012, 07:44 PM
LOL. It's my wife's truck.:thinking-006:

I had to lock the hubs to drive over that fishing rod. What else could I do, It scared my grand daughter.:scared:

I've decided to apply some serious firepower to this dilemma. I dusted off the pellet rifle and bought 1000 pellets. She won't be afraid of anything when she burns through those.:sHa_shakeshout:

Gust
08-26-2012, 07:59 PM
By looking at your shadow in the pic, you either have no neck or your shoulders grow into your ears,,, when you shrug, do your eyebrows go up and down?

Redfrog
08-26-2012, 08:18 PM
HMMMM? No neck eh? Did my wife put you up to that?:argue2:

BeeGuy
08-27-2012, 12:50 AM
looks like shreks silhouette

Stinky Buffalo
08-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Hahahahha! I could totally see my daughter doing the same thing!

At least she didn't get a 5 lb. pike in the face like my sister did... I don't think she ever recovered from that one... :lol:

...and hey, no Ford bashing! Without my Fords, I woulnd't be able to justify having all these tools around the garage... :D

Stinky

Okotokian
08-27-2012, 08:50 AM
You should be used to females running from you screaming by now. ;)

Just tell her the fish wiggled it's tail like crazy because it was happy to see her, like a dog would. If she buys that, though, you'll be stuck with catch and release forever.

Geezle
08-27-2012, 08:52 AM
You should be used to females running from you screaming by now. ;)

There it is! :lol:

Maybe try taking her for some of those 'girly' trout I see people catching. They're purdy fish and not toothy, so maybe a little less intimidating?

Redfrog
08-27-2012, 09:41 AM
I feel like I walked into a trauma counseller's convention. What a bunch of touchy feely guys.

From all this help, I guess I was too easy on her when I yelled 'SMARTEN UP!!!":thinking-006:

Chris84
08-27-2012, 10:05 AM
That picture is priceless. My guess would be to just give her some time. My daughter was a bit freaked out when I started her fishing, now everytime time she says "lets get a whopper next time"