PDA

View Full Version : Open water at Lee Lake

CrowsnestGuy
04-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey all. Looking to get out this weekend to try out the new pontoon and was wondering if anybody has been to Lee Lake, or Paine Lake (MAMI). Is the ice off yet enough for a pontoon?

Thanks
Richard

elkhunter1234
04-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Not sure about lee, but we had the boat on payne a few weeks ago....the ice is gone there... Dipin vat is open aswell, and we got some real nice ones there, {5 to 6 lbs}

Jim

CrowsnestGuy
04-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Not sure about lee, but we had the boat on payne a few weeks ago....the ice is gone there... Dipin vat is open aswell, and we got some real nice ones there, {5 to 6 lbs}

Jim

Thanks for the report. I have to indulge my brother who has a walleye fetish tomorrow at Cross Coulee, but i think i will hit Payne sunday!

CrowsnestGuy
04-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Well just a report here. Hit Cross Coulee on Saturday and they are releasing water from Milk River Ridge, so Cross Coulee was high, and the fishing sucked.

As for Paine, we where there sunday and caught 3 trout averaging about 15 inches. and it was windy. The lake is ice free, but lots of snow in the camp grounds, and tons of snow in the mountains.