PDA

View Full Version : Undersubscribed Walleye Tags

.270fan
04-25-2008, 11:46 AM
The list of available remaining tags is available now on-line

http://srd.alberta.ca/fishwildlife/fishingalberta/2008undersubscribed.aspx

Looks like the wife and I will be putting in for class C at Pigeon !

wake
04-25-2008, 01:37 PM
I never imagined myself doing this, but looks like I will putting in for some class-c.Only because the father inlaw has property there and we would like to have a meal of walleyes this summer.

Otherwise I would never do this...

Thank god our lake property to the north does not require this...

SNAPFisher
04-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Its coming wake. The round table discussions are beginning to look at other lakes. I have a cabin in the NB1 area and there are considerations for a number of lakes in the area for the tag system for 2009.

.270fan
04-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Thank god our lake property to the north does not require this...

YET !!! I spent every summer during my childhood at my grandparents cabin on Baptiste Lake. That lake used to be awesome for Pike, Perch AND walleye. In the early 90's we noticed a decline in the Perch population.......then the walleye population seemed to decline. Now looking at the regs for 2008, it appears the Pike population has collapsed too. 0 limits for Pike and Walleye.....WTF ??:huh:

I think they should make it province wide for the lakes that have a population that allows for limited harvest.

Too many "old school" mentality who think the more they keep the better fisherman they are.

wake
04-25-2008, 07:15 PM
We have property at Slave and the Walleye population does not seem any diffirent then it did 15 years ago.

I know some people who I have seen take triple the limit from the lake and have reported them, never did hear if they were caught.

I understand that the lakes brood stock is taking a beating from the smaller fish in the lake.

That makes me ask, why dont they allow a harvest as they did before of one fish over 43cm and one under? Or better yet 2 under 43cm? I am all for it as I never keep anything much over 43 anyway...

gramps73
04-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Just a quick question..
Can my 13 year old son apply for these tags or does he have to fish under my tags? He has his win card.
Thanks
Gramps

gopherslayer
04-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Just a quick question..
Can my 13 year old son apply for these tags or does he have to fish under my tags? He has his win card.
Thanks
Gramps

Eligibility

* Only Alberta Residents are eligible.
* Normal licence restrictions apply regarding licence combinations and eligibility. For example, if you were already drawn in one of the Special Walleye Licence draws, you cannot obtain another licence through the undersubscribed process. An angler may hold only one Special Fish Harvest Licence for walleye per year.
* A person need not have applied in the draw to be eligible to obtain an undersubscribed special licence. Draw priorities are not affected by purchasing an undersubscribed special licence.
* Any person in possession of a valid WIN and in compliance with the above may purchase a special licence.

Looks like it Gramps.

gramps73
04-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Thank you
Gramps

oldredneck
04-27-2008, 06:12 PM
My son and I got lucky for wolf lake. I have not fished there 20 years and when we did we were pike hunting. Where in the lake do the walleye hang out? Can anyone help? Thanks

SNAPFisher
04-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Hey OldRedNeck.

Until this past ice season I had never tried for walleye there either so I know what you mean.

From the boat launch head North West towards the point across the bay. There are various reed beds from the South West side all the way around until the North side. Try depths of 10-15 FOW of water out from the reeds and work your way around from Sourth to North. Trolling plugs there should also work well.

Good luck and good fishing!

gopherslayer
04-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Thank you
Gramps

Anytime!!! :)