PDA

View Full Version : 3-D shoot at Camp He Ho Ha

gube
04-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Anybody heading out to the "Shoot for cause" at camp He Ho Ha on May 2 and 3'rd? I'll be there Friday and have some buddies heading out on Wed. Should be a good one. Snow should be all gone by then.

SugarCreek
04-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Gube

You bet.......there are a bunch of us heading up from the Red Deer area from the club. Some heading up on Wednesday to help with the set up (Red Deer Archery Centre), some on Thursday night, and then Friday night aswell. What a great cause and a great weekend. Last year was my first time there.....after much prompting from Pat and John and the Red Deer Archery Centre and so I went and had the time of my life. My hunting partner shot with two little guys from the Hinton area. I think they were abit intimidated but it didn't take long and the four of us were high fiving each other after each shot and I cannot tell you what the look on the face of one of the little guys when he won his first bow at the conclusion of the hunt. He walked right over to us and high fived us and you could not wipe the smile off his face. Those are memories to last a life time.
Hope the weather holds for Greg and his crew but regardless, it will be another fantastic weekend.........cannot wait.
Marco

stand junkie
04-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Leaving thursday night. First time up to the shoot thanks from (marco) for getting a guy interested. Hope that the weather is good and alot of guys get out for the shoot.

russ
04-27-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm going, hope to get there sometime on Friday.

7 REM MAG
04-27-2008, 09:59 PM
where abouts is camp he ho ha?
and how much is the shoot

stand junkie
04-27-2008, 10:11 PM
7 rem mag the shoot takes place on lake isle. There is a link on page 5 (up coming 3d shoots). The link stats the cost to shoot and what is needed to do it.

Trav
04-27-2008, 10:11 PM
seba beach
cost is 100 bucks to shoot but if you raise 500 bucks for the cause you get to shoot for free and meals are included also

i will be pulling camper up wednesday afternoon and helping a little on thursday if I can stick around some

cya all there
Travis

gube
04-29-2008, 07:42 PM
where abouts is camp he ho ha?
and how much is the shoot

There's a lot of info over at the Bow zone sight. Here you go

http://forum.bowzone.ca/showthread.php?t=7314

russ
05-04-2008, 11:38 PM
This shoot kicked butt. Loads of fun and loads of money raised for the camp! Thanks to Greg and the rest of the staff for all of their hard work!

stand junkie
05-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Great shoot and like russ said the camp did really well in donations. Greg does an awsome job setting up the course. Everyone there was more then polite and great to be around I will be attending next year also.

SugarCreek
05-05-2008, 07:18 AM
X3 for standjunkie and russ's posts.
It was an honor to attend this shoot and support it. Over $130,000.00 raised to support the disabled so they can attend a camp and just have a chance to do what many of us take for granted.
The numbers of participants went up from just under 140 last year to just over 200 this year with almost 40 kids in those numbers this year. Good to see the 3D participant numbers increase here as well as other shoots.
I give the camp, the weekend and Greg and his staff full marks and a tonne of respect for what they do, what they accomplish in peoples lives, and an absolutely fantastic weekend for all of us to enjoy.
Thank you Greg and look forward to seeing you next year.
Marco

Kale_M
05-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Awesome Shoot! This is a MUST ATTEND event for every archer!! I will be back next year for sure! Thanks to Greg, Sarah and all thier volunteeers for a great weekend!

gube
05-05-2008, 04:43 PM
As usual it was the best shoot I have ever been to. It's amazing how this event has grown since it's first inception 13 years ago. There was a total of about 25 archers back then with a total of just over $3000 in pledges. I won a guided bear hunt back then out past Wabasca, and is a memory that will be imprinted in my mind forever. I'm already looking forward to next years event. I have known Greg and his family since 1994 and he puts his heart and soul into making this event a true success for all Archers and their family's who attend. From the little juniors, the adult beginners, all the way to the novices.

russ
05-08-2008, 02:58 PM
ya know gube, I'm trying like crazy to remember if it was the 1st or 2nd one that I went to in the beginning. I do recall some long shots, wet feet and sleeping in one of the dorms by myself. Go away for a while and look how things have changed. Always wanted to make the shoot again but something was always coming up. This year, I decided to put the shoot 1st and everything else 2nd. Smartest move I've made in a while. (Well other than going to the shoot injured).

Albertabowhunter
05-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Does anyone have a link to the results of this shoot? Someone said My score was posted..... funny thing, I wasnt there.. :confused:

russ
05-27-2009, 07:57 PM
the score sheet is on the bowzone