PDA

View Full Version : Float Tube for Pike near Edmonton

juniorjedi
09-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Hey Guys,

I picked up fly fishing this year and have been having a blast in my Float Tube in the small pothole lakes around Edmonton fishing for trout. My fly rod catches have been limited to trout so far and i really want to catch a few pike or walleye on the fly rod before the season is over.

My question is what lakes would you recomend for Pike fishing from a Float Tube around Edmonton. I was thinking Jackfish lake, would i be able to float tube it?

Thanks,

RapStaff
09-10-2012, 04:07 PM
You can, but have fun with all the boats........... pretty sure they charge like 10 bucks to park as well. I know a couple quieter lakes you can get pike out of in a float tube. PM me and ill give you the low down.

Popik
09-10-2012, 05:59 PM
you could probably do alright on a calm day at Wabamun as well...just stay near the banks

Doc
09-10-2012, 10:16 PM
I cut my teeth on Pike at Jackfish Lake in the bay to the right of the boat launch. Wab will be fine at the Prov park, wouldn't go any farther than the train bridge (good fishin' at the bridge as well just watch for the boats).

Geezle
09-11-2012, 08:45 AM
If you go to Wab you should be able to put your tube in at the main town launch and cruise along the shore/reed line to the East of the launch. Stick close to shore and you'll be into fish and out of the way of the boats :)

Moonlight bay by the PP park would be okay as Doc suggested as well, but I've never had any luck the couple times I've been in there. Water's cooling now though, so you never know :cool:

juniorjedi
09-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks for all the tips. I plan to head out this weekend, ill make sure to update the forum and let you all know how i make out!