PDA

View Full Version : Newell Walleye.

packhuntr
04-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Just got off Newell with the little boat and we had some fun. The eyes have moved in already onto my last years spot. We got on at about 5:30pm after work, and went to dark, 9:00pm. I got about a 22 inch and missed afew chews, and my buddy missed afew and landed an approx 26 to 27 inch just before dark. They havent started to stack up yet, but i think its a sign of good things to come!! I would post a couple pics, but the boat was facing the wrong direction when the photos were taken:D . Pics to come on more slammer eyes VERY SOON!! Time to get hittin the water boys.

packhuntr
05-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Just got off Newell and it was slow. I managed about 4 and my buddy managed the same. I got one landed that would tape around 29 inches, the rest were small in the 20 inch range. The numbers in the spot i am keep ing tabs on are still quite low, but they are there. There is a bunch of othere spots producing right now real good though. Lots of hits, just gotta to be there or its a swing and a miss!! Heres afew pics of the latest.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Awesome pictures .Thanks for shareing .

jefferson
05-01-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm heading down to Newell in the next couple of days; I'm not looking for exact locations, but where should we start looking? I was thinking of launching from the North End (that's where the provincial park is, correct?). Is there a spillway at Newell? Thanks for the pictures and post; I just shoveled the snow off the cover of the boat, and now I get to put it in the water less than two weeks later!! Lovely...

Cowboy Al
05-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Pack nice pics! I drew for Newell, never fished there but I'm lookin forward to it!

HUNTER55
05-01-2008, 09:54 PM
WOW NICE FISH.
thanks for the pictures....wont be able to sleep now ! i will be out there this weekend ( Saturday )...might see ya there, looking to go into the shallow water and see if the pike are ass aggressive as last year, hooked into a couple 40" + last year......its going to be a long day tomorrow!

packhuntr
05-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Just got home from the lake. Was out from first light to about noon again. Once again, kinda slow, but managed to get 7 walleye and a small pike. Best one was caught by my buddy, but he inadvertantly released her on one of the anchor ropes:mad3: Ooops. She woulda went right around that 30 inch mark, a real beauty for sure. Oh well, thats the way it goes sometimes. I got 2 males that would tape at approx 26 inch, real dandies for certain. The rest would go about 15 to 20 inches. Man i love days off!! Gotta drop the Lund 16 foot Tyee tommorow for the maiden voyage and see if the engines etc are ready to rock. Will post pics if i find that ive accidentally caught afew eyes!!

Couleestalker
05-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Just a head's up, not sure what type of plastic worm that is.

Mar. 16 to May 7 – Walleye limit 0; Pike limit 0; Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 10; Bait Ban.

Bait – means any substance that attracts fish by scent or flavour and includes a lure to which scent or flavouring has been added

Bait — the definition of bait (see Definitions) includes, but is not restricted to: corn, cheese, marshmallows, meat, maggots, meal worms, earthworms, wax worms, gammarus shrimp, leeches, terrestrial insects, the larvae, pupae or adults of aquatic insects (e.g., stonefly, mayfly, caddis fly), bait fish, parts of fish, fish eggs, scented baits, power baits and all additives that scent or flavour artificial baits and lures.

Alliman
05-02-2008, 04:53 PM
:lol: Hey guy, that funny lookin guy in the Browning cap looks real happy, Im sure hes a pro angler ,Ive seen him around there before

packhuntr
05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Not to worry Couleestalker, we are up to speed on the regs. Appreciate the concern though. :wave:

Alliman
05-02-2008, 05:17 PM
By way ,real nice eyes there, Im sure it was alotta fun wish I was there. Alli

Buckwheat
05-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Beauty fish there Pack! Can't wait till next weekend. Hope we have the same luck you've been having.

packhuntr
05-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Yesterday went good. Only afew eyes between three of us, but were dandies. Best ones went at 27, 27 1/2 , 29, and 29 1/2 inches. My buddy got into a real nice post spawn pike (hen) that shoulda went at around 40 inches. Lots of small pike and one perch. I got my best eye so far this year at 29 inch but wasnt able to get a photo. Just getting set up quick and she gave me the half hooey. She flopped right outa my hands and back to where she came from:cry: . Might go out tonight, we will see how wifeys pulse is!!

Prdtrgttr
05-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Great pics,thanks for sharing. Post spawn pike or pre spawn? Are they done spawning already?

packhuntr
05-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks, ya, they are done.

lippy
05-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the update. I got drawn for the big ones and cannot wait to try a new poormans lobster recipe I just found! I haven't had a good feed of "wallies" for some time now.