PDA

View Full Version : Elbow river behind discovery ridge.

fishstix
09-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Has anyone fished this area? We're going on a walk today and i need to know if i should bring my flyrod.

skain11
09-15-2012, 10:21 AM
I looked at fishing there a few months ago but ended up not going. I did find some internet references indicating that most of the river in that area is on aboriginal land excepting for " a few bends behind discovery ridge " the band website said. I say take the rod and post results...

BeeGuy
09-15-2012, 05:09 PM
I say be careful where you tread.

And, post up those spawners!

walking buffalo
09-15-2012, 10:39 PM
The river here is mostly on Tsuu T'ina Nation Land. Know your boundaries.

Wading the water does Not give legal access.

Nation Security is present, and maybe me too. :sHa_shakeshout:

FWIW, the fishing is not any better on the Reserve than if you head upstream.

winged1
09-16-2012, 09:51 AM
In typical fashion, these waters were raped when they became accessible following the departure of military activity. The few band members that tried to patrol and erect signage were overcome by tresspassers and vandals who broke fencing, knocked down signage, and robbed the river.

RockHammer&Rod
09-16-2012, 10:38 AM
The elbow behind discovery literally weaves back and forth between the reserve border.. I'd be careful in this area if I were you.

Plus I fish the elbow a ton and only find it is decent when the spring floods bring the water level way up. Lots of tiny little fish in there...

winged1
09-16-2012, 02:49 PM
The elbow behind discovery literally weaves back and forth between the reserve border.. I'd be careful in this area if I were you.

Plus I fish the elbow a ton and only find it is decent when the spring floods bring the water level way up. Lots of tiny little fish in there...

The waters from the res. up to highway 8 were, prior to the military vacating, basically untouched prestine trout/whitefish waters. Then came the beer cans, rafting trash, and unfortunately, prior to the live bait ban, heavy catch rates. You can even thank the handfull of 'guides' who cashed in with 'clients' when they discovered access.

crosman177
09-16-2012, 04:46 PM
griffith woods can be an adventure, watch out for the wild rez dogs...