PDA

View Full Version : Question about NSR, not looking for spots.

Herefishyfishy
09-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Hey guys, im curious about the water quality in the NSR. I know it runs west to east, I want to know if its better to fish it West of town, before it passes through town or if it really matters when it comes to the quality of the fish you pull out, as far as eating them goes...

chriscosta
09-16-2012, 10:54 AM
I wouldnt eat a single thing outta that entire river heard once they found traces of antidepresants around the city but my gawd man the nsr is gorgous the further west you go I like to head west from the genesee bridge crystal clear and tons of fish if that helps

Herefishyfishy
09-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Yes, that helps, thanks.

Btw, is that $4.20 your holding onto? :bad_boys_20:

chriscosta
09-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Lmao sure is I dont go anywhere without it . If anyone can get ya into fish the 420 gods can lol its true :bad_boys_20:

FishingFrenzy
09-16-2012, 01:32 PM
You would have to head pretty far out of the city to get away from "contaminated fish". Fish move around quite alot in the NSR so a fish caught near Devon could have spent most of its life near a storm drain outlet. blehhh.
Also as far as I know the whole NSR has a mercury advisory, personally I wouldn't eat anything out of there.

You can't keep walleye or sturgeon

Pike are bony

Goldeye...apparently are mushy.

#4fisherman
09-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Definitely the further west you go, the better. Went white water canoeing by Nordegg once -- nice and clean, no smell, just good "clean" river water -- still had a lot of silt, etc. Once you get into more of the farmed areas, the quality of the water goes down.

Ultimate Predator
09-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Pretty sad when u cant eat a fish out off the same water u drink glad my water comes out of a well

Albertafisher
09-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Pretty sad when u cant eat a fish out off the same water u drink glad my water comes out of a well

Luckily they filter the heck out of the Edmonton water...

WayneChristie
09-16-2012, 09:54 PM
I wouldnt eat a single thing outta that entire river heard once they found traces of antidepresants around the city but my gawd man the nsr is gorgous the further west you go I like to head west from the genesee bridge crystal clear and tons of fish if that helps

government puts that in the drinking water so people will actually stay in Edmonton. thats what Ive heard anyways :bad_boys_20:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
09-17-2012, 12:50 AM
government puts that in the drinking water so people will actually stay in Edmonton. thats what Ive heard anyways :bad_boys_20:

No no its added to our water to deal with people from the south . Also some sort of hate rid additive with teams that's wear red from a city that reads like manure .

BeeGuy
09-17-2012, 01:36 AM
You would have to head pretty far out of the city to get away from "contaminated fish". Fish move around quite alot in the NSR so a fish caught near Devon could have spent most of its life near a storm drain outlet. blehhh.
Also as far as I know the whole NSR has a mercury advisory, personally I wouldn't eat anything out of there.

You can't keep walleye or sturgeon

Pike are bony

Goldeye...apparently are mushy.

Pike are bony? My fillets are skinless/boneless and premium table fare.

Wouldn't eat one from the NSR however.

I wonder how our mercury polluted freshwater fish compare to tuna and the like?