PDA

View Full Version : Tackle Shack in Grande Prairie

KyleM
05-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Went in there to get my WIN card today and grab the Barry Mitchells that I hear so much about.

Not friendly at all, half way through our dealings he was on the phone....A new paying customer is less important I suppose....especially considering how much tackle I purchase throughout the year:zzz: . Took a peak through the store, outdated everything thats extremely overpriced. The only thing new was Gulp Alive for 29 bucks.

I saw tackle in there that may be collectors items in the next few years.

I rarely post rants on tackle shops, even on the other boards Im on but Im extremely dissapointed.

jaybull
05-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Sucks eh.Most them guys think there to good for everyone.I know all about it.

Muskeg
05-01-2008, 05:25 PM
good to know.. I'll avoid that shop.

HappyHooker
07-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Weird...I'm spending the summer up that way, and was in that store. Found the place and people to be most friendly and helpful. And yep, some of the hooks hanging around maybe outdated but they still catch fish and they've got tons of new rods and reels and some great mepps and walleye rigs I couldn't find down south..

In any event, it's the best tackle shop in that area compared to the others stores in town.

Gone Fishin'!

prospector
07-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Kyle M, I would seriously give them another try. They have always been very friendly to me, and I hardly spend any money there. From my experience the staff are all good to deal with. The shop and some of the products do look a bit rough, but they have some good stuff in there.