PDA

View Full Version : Decided to mount my GoPro[Camera] to my muskie net, heres the results.

ProFishermanJones
09-16-2012, 04:01 PM
well i finally got a second go pro and where better to put it to use then a net cam mounted perfectly to see the basket. here is my first fish caught using this set up and i am pretty happy with the results,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98mHK2k8wM

check out the video of the 40" muskie that i caught on a medusa, and let me know what you think and any suggestions, thanks again,

Fish was released as always

the local angler
09-16-2012, 04:13 PM
nice job man thats a big hog of a musky.

FishingFrenzy
09-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Awesome! What type of mount did you use? Handle bar or roll-cage?

OneGirlWolfPack
09-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Nice!!

Flieguy
09-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Been thinking about getting one of those. Have you been satisfied with it?

JohninAB
09-17-2012, 07:27 AM
Nice muskie and good idea on mounting the camera on the net. I made a mount for mine that hangs over the side of the boat but darn remote won't work thru the water. My camera is a Swann, exact same as the GoPro with HD etc but got mine at London Drugs and was about $100 less expensive. They work great.

Flieguy
09-17-2012, 11:09 AM
I think I will consider the Swann Freestyle. anyone have any feedback on it?

JohninAB
09-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Mine is a Swann Freestyle HD. Awesome camera. Works very well.

This is a short video of us testing it out in Valemount in February.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I26UOIa0II

ProFishermanJones
09-17-2012, 11:12 PM
nice job man thats a big hog of a musky.
Thanks local angler, was my second muskie from shore this year! hopping for another, been putting in some crazy hours.
Awesome! What type of mount did you use? Handle bar or roll-cage?
Custom mount just used one of the 3M adhesive mounts that it came with, screwed a hole in it, attached it to the metal track on the net where the loop connects, sturdy and a great shot.
Nice!!
Thanks onegirlwolfpack appreciate it
Been thinking about getting one of those. Have you been satisfied with it?
YES. you won't find anyone not satisfied with it, lots of benefits, but like there has been mentions in here, 10000000 other options, so do your research and choose what is best for you, i know GoPro HD Hero, not the hero 2 is best for me!
Nice muskie and good idea on mounting the camera on the net. I made a mount for mine that hangs over the side of the boat but darn remote won't work thru the water. My camera is a Swann, exact same as the GoPro with HD etc but got mine at London Drugs and was about $100 less expensive. They work great.
thanks, I've seen that done a few times and its a great idea, i never though about that how the remote wouldn't work through the water, defiantly a downfall. never heard of that kind of camera before, just got to look at the contour yesterday as someone had it while fishing pretty nice camera, I'm going to check out the swann. thanks for the information johninAB