PDA

View Full Version : red deer trifecta.

fish gunner
09-16-2012, 09:49 PM
hit the upper red deer this evening for a few hours. got the trifecta of brown,bull,brookie with a bonus whitefish to cap the wade. the trout /char all came to the spoon. the whitefish was fooled by a dry fly. nice way to round out a fantastic weekend on the red deer river. empty waters,falling leaves, radiant fish.:)

Gust
09-16-2012, 10:07 PM
I love the crispness of an almost autumnal day,, if you could make a meal from how a forest smells just now and for the next few weeks, you'd become a gagillionaire. A few more leaves to fall and I.m in fishing heaven.

Imo

WayneChristie
09-16-2012, 10:12 PM
I love the crispness of an almost autumnal day,, if you could make a meal from how a forest smells just now and for the next few weeks, you'd become a gagillionaire. A few more leaves to fall and I.m in fishing heaven.

Imo

no leaves to fall around here, but its still fishing heaven. slow heaven, but heaven nontheless :sHa_shakeshout:

fish gunner
09-16-2012, 11:20 PM
hard to beat fishing three short days, tons of fish to hand, gin clear water, the only human I have seen was my fishing buddy.
even if we were not getting fish the amount we have learned due to the low, clear water is priceless.