PDA

View Full Version : someone talk me into bringing my boat!

CenterPin
09-17-2012, 01:07 AM
So im making a 12 day trip to chilliwack 2nd week of october, we will spend most of the trip on the chedder. Obviously there no need to use it there but I want to explore a few other rivers in the area. Im rigged up for sturgeon but don't really want to drag my 17ft jetsled out there for 1or 2 days on the fraser. Heard the pitt dosnt have the best salmon runs. My boat is perfect for b.c. rivers. Someone please give me a reason to bring the sled!

Bigdad013
09-17-2012, 02:48 AM
cause when you get back home the first thing you will say is `I should have brought it'

CenterPin
09-17-2012, 03:55 AM
Lol that's an excelent point.

Fish face
09-17-2012, 11:26 AM
poor boat. left behind. trying to give it a complex?
don't be so mean to boat...

BigIrv
09-17-2012, 07:38 PM
well I would drag my boat there for 6 hours on the Fraser. Love that river.
You should totally do it!! Remember fish don't like cowards!!
Live large and catch lots!! HAHA!!

YeeHaw
09-17-2012, 11:40 PM
When is the next time you will EVER get the chance to run them rivers???????? You only live once.......

Albertadiver
09-18-2012, 12:04 AM
It's like leaving a lab behind on a duck hunt. Do you want that on your conscience??

CenterPin
09-18-2012, 02:44 AM
Yeehaw....well I make it to the coast 2 or 3 times a year, and albertadiver id never think of leaving my lab at home.

Geezle
09-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Yeehaw....well I make it to the coast 2 or 3 times a year, and albertadiver id never think of leaving my lab at home.

Have you brought the boat out there before?

The only possible issue I could see is that it may be a minor pain to drag it around everywhere you go. I can't imagine it would cost you that much more in gas to bring it along.

All said and done, if it were me, about the only reason I'd need to bring it along would be 'because I can!' :)

Lambo
09-18-2012, 10:18 AM
I like being the captain of my ship so I would always bring my boat. Have fun on your trip - sounds like it will be awesome! Always wanted to fish the Fraser - do you have room for another? lol!

CenterPin
09-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Yeah I've had my boat up north on the kalum jay, but never to the south. That's the reason I don't want to bring it(just because I can) lol. I know a couple good sturgeon spots from shore, hence my dilemma. Who knows, gettin down to crunch time though. Starting to think fishergirl just dosnt like my boat.....:p

Geezle
09-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Did I miss something? I thought she'd be all for the idea.

Now that I know you've got some good shore spots too, I can see a little more why it's such a sticky wicket.

Any idea how much you'd actually end up using it if you brought it out?

FisherGrrrl
09-18-2012, 08:37 PM
hey I like boats :)

But same thing as geezle says, how much is it going to be used to take 24 hours round trip. Maybe call Freds and do more research on water levels, conditions, Fraser River salmon runs, and sturgeon being caught. I know that if the Vedder is unreal then Im roaming them waters :D

Geezle
09-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Uh-oh, I'm gettin' outta this one! :scared0018:

FisherGrrrl
09-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Uh-oh, I'm gettin' outta this one! :scared0018:

haha hey! Last year the Fraser was shoulder to shoulder on the accessible spots and if there was a boat.. fishing would have been a whole new world. :) I think Mike will be the deciding factor on this one.

I think its time I get my boaters license :P

CenterPin
09-18-2012, 09:24 PM
I could just be that *****hole and run an easily accessable vedder river past the hoards of bank fisherman just because I can.lol. make sure I fly an alberta *** in doing so too! Probaby only be difference of 75 bucks in gas for 1 possibly 2 days on the fraser.