PDA

View Full Version : crazy idea

WayneChristie
09-17-2012, 07:41 PM
well Ive thought about it, talked about it, and joked about it. watched the youtube video of Babe Winkledink fighting a white sturgeon from a float tube, (ok being owned by it) and since I have 4 days off this weekend decided the time was ripe for my turn. Rivers are both at pretty much lowest levels now, and I figure Ive fished the forks enough this year to get a handle on the junction, so Im going to take my pontoon along and give it a go. Hopefully get a fish or two. Does anyone know if you need a license from a province if you caught the fish in another province and just got towed across the border? :thinking-006: No alcohol will be consumed during this effort, but Im pretty confident some will be afterwards. Better throw a couple extra toonies in my pocket, almost forgot that uncivilized province to the east charges extra for cold brews. :angry3:

vcmm
09-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Go for it. Be as funny as hell thrill ride. Just keep a sharp knife handy in case you want off the ride.

Fishfinder
09-17-2012, 08:12 PM
I like it, I like it, Dino ride woohoo! She won't even notice she's pullin ya Wayne harhar, u need to eat more walleye, fatten up a bit, winter is coming lol....jk:)

WayneChristie
09-17-2012, 08:15 PM
You should come down and fish with me one of the days bud, show me how its done! just leave the girly rod at home ;) err, fly rod that is!

pickrel pat
09-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Video!

WayneChristie
09-17-2012, 08:17 PM
the video Im talking about for those who need a big laugh, never get tired of watching it!!! :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwnXpkyRsFM

Fishfinder
09-17-2012, 08:26 PM
You should come down and fish with me one of the days bud, show me how its done! just leave the girly rod at home ;) err, fly rod that is!

Lol ya right, think u got it figured out. My best sturgeo this year was 58.5, no tag. They are few n fAr between right now round here. Ventured out today with broken shoulder n "girly rod" only to find the streams I was hoping to try were unaccessable and quite hard to get to. O well, nother time. See what next spring brings, large sturg n beautiful trout I hope, may be tuff to get out, baby en route!:sHa_shakeshout:
Anywoo, hope a biggie takes u for a ride, u get some tags n have a great time, look forward to the pics!
Cheers n Gl, be safe!

BeeGuy
09-17-2012, 11:12 PM
This reminds me of JCeviche's sleigh ride while getting towed by what was likely a large mako.

This guy is one of my gurus.

Sleigh Ride (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E9PSS6Nyvo)

BeeGuy
09-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Crazy Idea?

Naw.

It's brilliant.

You're an innovator WC.

Make Alberta History.

YeeHaw
09-17-2012, 11:42 PM
You can do it.... fist pump..:)

BobLoblaw
09-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Sturgeon fishing from a pontoon???
Pffftt!!!
I'll be impressed when you land a 60 incher, whilst fishing from a stand-up paddle board...:scared0018:

Albertadiver
09-17-2012, 11:58 PM
Hold my beer and watch this!

waterninja
09-18-2012, 04:55 AM
why the hell not. wev'e been pulled around by big pike in wab. in canoes and one man boats for years. i suggest that you have a "chaser" like hot air balloners do if your doing it on the river. who knows where you might end up. if you hear banjos paddle faster.
good luck.

RapStaff
09-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Wayne you should hook up with Tow Bow, he's in the process of big game hunting out of a kayak........... Sturgeon in a float tube should be right up there.......... We're all rooting for ya!
Take lots of pics.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
09-18-2012, 12:25 PM
This Screams GO PRO VIDEO ALL OVER IT . Wayne you better wear your Strap on Video Camera . :lol:

EZM
09-18-2012, 03:05 PM
definitely brink some snacks just in case you get pulled around for days having forgotten your knife to cut the line.

BeeGuy
09-18-2012, 05:09 PM
This Screams GO PRO VIDEO ALL OVER IT . Wayne you better wear your Strap on Video Camera . :lol:

Strap on video camera?

Where exactly does it attach?

WayneChristie
09-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Strap on video camera?

Where exactly does it attach?

that kinda scares me too! :scared0018:

ReconWilly
09-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Doooooo it...Doooooo it...Doooooo it...Doooooo...it...Doooooo it!!

Video of a Canadian redneck dino fishing from a pontoon sounds like prime material for the Tosh.0 video breakdown!!

Doooooo it...Doooooo it...Dooooo it!!:sHa_shakeshout:

BeeGuy
09-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Darwin award if you parish.

Fame and fortune if you succeed!

I can see this becoming ingrained as the test of manhood in the SE.

WayneChristie
09-18-2012, 06:54 PM
with my luck this will be the first week in a long time I wont catch one. or worse get a 150 pounder and end up all the way in Manituba. better pack some catfish bait just in case! :sHa_shakeshout:

lone wolf
09-18-2012, 11:11 PM
well Ive thought about it, talked about it, and joked about it. watched the youtube video of Babe Winkledink fighting a white sturgeon from a float tube, (ok being owned by it) and since I have 4 days off this weekend decided the time was ripe for my turn. Rivers are both at pretty much lowest levels now, and I figure Ive fished the forks enough this year to get a handle on the junction, so Im going to take my pontoon along and give it a go. Hopefully get a fish or two. Does anyone know if you need a license from a province if you caught the fish in another province and just got towed across the border? :thinking-006: No alcohol will be consumed during this effort, but Im pretty confident some will be afterwards. Better throw a couple extra toonies in my pocket, almost forgot that uncivilized province to the east charges extra for cold brews. :angry3:

Let me know when the show gets underway and I will wave and take photos as you come through Med Hat :)

WayneChristie
09-20-2012, 10:51 AM
not so sure I like the way the two vultures across the river are eyeballing me while I assemble my pontoon

WayneChristie
09-20-2012, 04:51 PM
what a gorgeous day so far a handfull of suckers and a mooneye from shore. took the pontoon out couple times, hard to believe this is the same place we saw whole tree floating by not that long ago. I actually rowed a ways up both rivers with very little effort. No stugeon yet but the days a long ways from over yet. the beach campground is almost full now looks like it may be a busy weekend with this awesome weather.

flygirrl
09-20-2012, 08:00 PM
What can I say. Only wish I had of come down...Ah duty first I guess. Have fun, like you always do. Don't forget to kiss the misses goodbye.

WayneChristie
09-21-2012, 01:30 PM
so far total from the pontoon is one pike and a young bullsnake. did row over a nice sturge and startled both of us. another gorgeous day, leaves are changing color by the hour

WayneChristie
09-22-2012, 07:52 PM
woke up during the night to a trailer shaking more than a teen agers van in lovers lane in a full moon, the wind explained why the fish got a bad ca.se of lockjaw Fri. day. too much wind to go tooning. then came the rest of my day. . . post pics and video to follow another time..

FishingMOM
09-22-2012, 07:59 PM
the video Im talking about for those who need a big laugh, never get tired of watching it!!! :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwnXpkyRsFM

Wayne you stick with Sturgeon I want to try this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqVEvNocKTA

Only this one concerns me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpbNMk7Y3ic&feature=fvwrel

the local angler
09-23-2012, 04:48 PM
dam that is way cool and scary.

FishingMOM
09-24-2012, 02:43 PM
dam that is way cool and scary.

Wouldn't it be worth it to say you fished such a huge fish by kayak?

RapStaff
09-27-2012, 01:01 PM
How goes the pontoon sturgeon Wayne?
Makin' any headway?

WayneChristie
09-27-2012, 01:05 PM
saw 2 sturge jump in 3 days. did catch walleye and pike from it. have to give it another go.

Gerry
09-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Does this bring Rancid Crabtree to mind for anyone else??
Good luck. Hoping to see a video.

WayneChristie
09-27-2012, 08:40 PM
saw 2 sturge jump in 3 days. did catch walleye and pike from it. have to give it another go.

oh and a snake